+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, EMBC gumph in General; As it seems our LA has no intention of informing us about ANY of the transition (I only found out ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

EMBC gumph

As it seems our LA has no intention of informing us about ANY of the transition (I only found out from reading the forums here) I've come for some help.
    I now see there's a new website blocked page listing your IP and stuff. It also mentions username, so I'm assuming this is something to do with user based filtering?
    How do we set that up and how reliable is it? The only info I have at hand is our Site ID and password.
    I know a lot of talk has gone on about the transition, and I've tried to keep on top of it, but a lot of the services mentioned we don't use. All that I'm aware of that we use is the webmail (was on login.embc.org.uk) and filtering.
    Now with the filtering, is it basing it on kids logging in to their portal before it filters according to user or group?

Of course all this info might be on hand once logged in, but my boss migrated over his account, and now it refuses to login, and my account has no admin privileges because the LA said it needed it to be requested by the head, even though my boss requested it.

Now where's my paddle, I see a creek coming up

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,784 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Being honest, it really needs to be your LA that gives you more specific information. A fair chunk of the information on here is generic but the LA specific stuff is for Northants (mainly because that is where I work and where I have information for).

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    No probs. Guess we'll go without. Last time I tried calling them regards how to set up distribution groups on the old system I got a 'not sure really, we'll get back to you' and never heard back.
    Like I said we have never actually been told by our LA about the change, or what to expect, or what we need to do or anything. So chances of them giving us info is slim to none.
    But thanks for the heads up anyway

Thank Post
    Guess somewhere is worse off than us (Smirks at Tony).

Did your kids log into the old portal at login.embc.org.uk in order to get their internet filtering? - IE, do you have a standard level across the site which by logging in as a member of staff is increased? - If so, you need to be looking at webfiltering.embc.uk.com which replaces netsweeper.embc.org.uk.

The admin tool (WAT) is due to come online this week so hopefully once this is done, we'll all be able to manipulate our users like we could before, including setting up distribution lists etc.

5. Thanks to kmount from:

GrumbleDook (1st April 2008)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread