+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Hillary clinton exaggerates in General; Or should that be, tells a great big monica lewinsky sized porkie... re being greeted by 'sniper fire' and running ...
    Thank Post

Hillary clinton exaggerates

Or should that be, tells a great big monica lewinsky sized porkie...

re being greeted by 'sniper fire' and running for safety when landing at a bosnia airport during the conflict.....when infact the film of her arrival depicted a very different scenario.

The whole thing conjures up a really amusing image in my head, plus she used a term that was probably greeted with applause by new labour spin doctors. She didn't lie or embellish.........no she actually misspoke or was guilty of 'misspeaking'. Brilliant.

I'm just waiting for someone in the british media to describe her as 'something of a walter mittie character'. You know how someone in politics and polictical reporting likes to wheel that phrase out every now and again. LOL

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,344 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Actually, you may be interested to know that some of the spin doctors who worked on the labour coup in '97 are working for various candidates in the US...

Thank Post
    I love the way she just turned around and said, "ohh well I made a mistake everyone can make mistakes". Excuse me, you mistook a friendly welcome an easy meeting with being fired upon and running for your life? Thats a tad more than a mistake. & you still think you are fit to run America? Can you imagine it? "Damn those Frenchies, I landed and they tried to blow me up, nuke them....... what do you mean it was quiet and peaceful? Whoops"

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,898 Posts
    Blog Entries
    She's now something like 10 points behind in the polls, which is the largest gap so far. People don't like liars. Or at least, they don't like electing those who lie before elections.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    People don't like liars. Or at least, they don't like electing those who lie before elections.
    Are you kidding!!?? The 'Merkins reelected Baby Bush even after the vote rigging in Florida! If your lies are big enough, you can get away with it...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    Are you kidding!!?? The 'Merkins reelected Baby Bush even after the vote rigging in Florida! If your lies are big enough, you can get away with it...

No they didn't. He won due to irregularites.

Thank Post
    I don't particularly like any polictician, whether in our politics or us politics.

and i don't buy this idea that Barack obama is this saviour for all of the USA's social and economic ills. Nor that he can bring peace in the middle east and find a cure for AIDS.

But of the brief glimpses i've seen of both talking, Obama defnitely comes across as the more genuine and dare i say it normal. Seeing Hillary on TV and at rally's....it's almost as if shes setting on the couch next to Oprah. She has to try and reach out to the viewers and audience in this really false OTT way.

sure, obama, has a penchant for the dramatic....and i'm sure his speecwriters are trying deperately hard not to quote martin luther king - Obama's camp definitely pitching him as the revolutionary political figure, which he just isn't. But Hillary is way OTT and totally fake.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 790 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    No they didn't. He won due to irregularites.
    1st time round, as I said. But he was RE-ELECTED, for a second term, despite the fraud 1st time.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    1st time round, as I said. But he was RE-ELECTED, for a second term, despite the fraud 1st time.
    Yes, and there was fraud the second time too.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information