+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, BBC Micro in General; Originally Posted by beeswax The teachers are teaching the curriculum; change the curriculum and you'll change what teachers deliver. It's ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beeswax View Post
    The teachers are teaching the curriculum; change the curriculum and you'll change what teachers deliver. It's not their fault. I work with a bunch of great ICT teachers, one of whom helped set up the first network in this school, and they understand, for the most part, that the curriculum as it stands doesn't stretch those pupils who wish to stray beyond the Office suite of products. Perhaps it would help if we had an IT curriculum subject?
    Schools certainly need something - but not so much money pi55ed up the wall on ICT.
    I've never met an ICT teacher who actually understands what they are teaching so what you have is something quite rare. My oldest has just started secondary school and when he told me what they were doing in ICT I just raised my eyes to heaven.

Thank Post
    BBC Micros taught me SQL, as a language, rather than a mystical back end to a web app. The knowledge of which has saved the arse of more than one mission critical database!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ah, nostalgia - not what is was, you know.

I remember "The Computer Programme", "Making the most of the micro" & "Mirco Live" as if it were decades ago.

Check out Youtube, look for user BigAnts - s/he's put quite a few episodes of the early '80s The Computer Programme on Youtube.

Of course, it was the Spectrum for me, we weren't made of money you know.
    Last edited by jinnantonnixx; 10th October 2011 at 10:39 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12