+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Anyone recommend a hotel nr Gatwick to leave car in General; I'm going away for a couple of weeks soon and i fly from Gatwick. I am looking for a hotel ...
    Thank Post

Anyone recommend a hotel nr Gatwick to leave car

I'm going away for a couple of weeks soon and i fly from Gatwick. I am looking for a hotel where i can stay for the night before i travel but leave the car for 14 days. I used one of this type when i went skiing but can't remember which one.

As anyone used this type where you stay for one night but leave your car for the duration.?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tosca925 View Post
    I'm going away for a couple of weeks soon and i fly from Gatwick. I am looking for a hotel where i can stay for the night before i travel but leave the car for 14 days. I used one of this type when i went skiing but can't remember which one.

As anyone used this type where you stay for one night but leave your car for the duration.?
    Think I stayed at the travelodge their, shuttle service and you can pay to keep your car in the car park.

Was 5 years ago so they might have changed.

Thank Post
    The way I've done it when going on holiday with people that drive before was to either use the airport's long stay parking or to get a hire car in advance, drive to the airport, return the car to the rental peoples and just stay in a hotel.

Obviously that second way is more expensive and you've then got to hire again when you get back so you can get home.

Thank Post
    We used the Sheraton Skyline at Heathrow once. Stayed the night and left the car for a fortnight. We caught the shuttle bus to the airport which was a real pain lugging bags on and off. Whilst on holiday I got talking to a London cabby and he said get a cab back to the hotel. So when we got out of Heathrow arrivals, we got straight into a cab, he took us up to our car, helped load the luggage and put the world to rights.

Cost of shuttle for 4 people: £20
    Cost of taxi for 4 people: £15 including £5 tip.

Thank Post
    If you can afford it the Hilton is the best option. They are actually connected to the airport by a walkway and they have a valet service. You drive to the dropoff point and they come take your car and when you land again then you call them when your picking up your luggage and they will have your car there ready for you when you get back to the hilton.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread