+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, HUGE FAVOUR PLEASE in General; Hey all, Can somebody do me a favour who has a CC3 network with SR6 and HSP's up to 28 ...
    kerrymoralee9280

HUGE FAVOUR PLEASE

Hey all,

Can somebody do me a favour who has a CC3 network with SR6 and HSP's up to 28 installed?

Can you have a look in D:\RMRebuild\XPBuild\ and tell me how big the RMDRV folder is, how many folders it has and how many files.

We're having problems with new rebuilds picking up hardware drivers (for RM machines) and I was wondering if we're missing files.

We've got all our HSP's installed (correctly as far as I'm aware).

If you could let me know - thanks,

kerrymoralee9280
    Nope??

Thank Post
    How do you mean having problems? What isn't or is happening. We had problem with network cards not being installed during the XP installation and this was traced to a custom driver. Give some more detail & might be able to help

kerrymoralee9280
    RM machines that should install drivers provided in HSP's don't install. Whether it be LAN, video, and audio (although if it is LAN this also affects the builds until installed manually).

Since my first post I have figured that there is nothing wrong with the RMDRV area. I had an RM Ascend 2020B computer with a missing graphics card drivers for a ATI Radeon Xpress 200. I installed manually with the drivers that is in the D:\RMRebuild\XPBuild\RMDRV\ATIX200 area which worked fine. This tells me the drivers aren't corrupt and are available - so why aren't they being picked up on build?

It has nothing to do with Custom Drivers as the machines are covered by the drivers provided in the HSP.

Thank Post
    Thats what we thought as well as the machine not building was an RM One but taking the whole of the CUDRV fodler out allowed the machines to build. Ended up being something in the OTHER folder which consisted of a scanner driver and a trackpad driver. It was something along the lines of the driver was being mistaken for the correct one, then not installing so asking for it manually.
    May not be but yours sounds very similar to ours.
    May be worth backing up your CUDRV folder somewhere, deleting it and then trying a new rebuild just to rule it out.

But just so you know we are on HSP28. Our RMDRV has 793 MB, with 2627 files in 201 folders.

kerrymoralee9280
    Really? That small? Ours is 1.47GB with around 600 folders. Hmmm, something doesn't add up.

I can see what you're saying with the CUDRV folders but it's not just one driver or machine that this happens on. It's most of the new drivers - if the machine is slightly older it builds easily. It's when gig LAN and good graphics cards come into play that it fails.

I will try it though just to make sure.... Was the driver that caused your problems a one that was added manually? Because we haven't added any lately either.

Thank Post
    I think we had it across all RM machines but not any Dell machines. But I think we were building the dells off a different server. Was very strange, covered various cards.

The whole CUDRV is manually added drivers but it was one of those things where we didn't notice it for a while as we didn't build machines, then when we did it was odd ones & just assusmed it was a one off and then forgot it.

Although saying that, with that number of folders and files there was something in the RM knowledge base about having too many drivers. Something along the lines of only the first 60 being read so anything after that is ignored. Could be something to look at.

kerrymoralee9280
    OK, will have a look at that knowledge article if I can find it - if you stumble across the link could you post it?

I will also try the CUDRV folder and let you know how I get on.

kerrymoralee9280
    Right, tried that to no avail.

Also rang the LA and they said our build areas are of an average size.

Thank Post
    Have you tried creating a new build disk?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread