+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Gone, all gone. in General; We have had a spate of break-ins this past week or so and since an earlier incedent last year we ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Gone, all gone.

We have had a spate of break-ins this past week or so and since an earlier incedent last year we now have no computers left for training purposes. The scumbags have had 40+ PC's away. All gone, not happy.

Thank Post

Re: Gone, all gone.

Grr nothing worse

Thank Post

We had a lot of breakins last year they got away with about 30 laptops

Ross

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Unlucky

We had a break in a couple of weeks back. Made off with a couple of laptops, couple of cheapo 15" TFTs and a load of dvd/vcr combo units. Ignored the projectors though.

Thank Post

This sort of thing REALLY annoys me. We were broken in to 4 times in the summer. Myself and a colleague actually caught 2 'people' (term used loosely) getting away with two projectors. We decided against stopping them when threatened with being stabbed!

What really hacked me off was that we had two bikes stolen. These cost a lot of money as there were designed for the specific needs of two pupils (we are a special needs school) and were of no use to anyone else. Grrrrrrrrrr :x

Thank Post

These people are animals they really are!

Thank Post

in my first week at my previous school we were broken into 4 times. mon, tues, thurs and fri. There was european footie on telly that wednesday night. we went from a pleasant groundfloor office with a couple of opening lights to a room with boarded up and barred windows/skylight cctv, dehumidifiers, swipe card entry (kept the teachers out).
    beerswax (not quite a spelling mistake)

Thank Post

The problem is that you can spend hundreds on anti theft devices which the little b*ggers will continually find ways around... you have my sympathies...

We've just bought 'Wobbler' devices (www.checkpoint.uk.com) which are goiing in our machines in a vain attempt to stop things walking. If you haven't heard of them, they're ear-piercing alarms which will only activate when the machine is turned off and motion is detected... at 120db for 20mins, I don't think I'd want to carry one very far (we've tested them in the office and they make one's eardrums hurt). This is on top of our caged windows and doors in the IT Suites, and the SmokeCloak machines.. they still try and get in though...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by indiegirl
    The problem is that you can spend hundreds on anti theft devices which the little b*ggers will continually find ways around... you have my sympathies...

We've just bought 'Wobbler' devices (www.checkpoint.uk.com) which are goiing in our machines in a vain attempt to stop things walking. If you haven't heard of them, they're ear-piercing alarms which will only activate when the machine is turned off and motion is detected... at 120db for 20mins, I don't think I'd want to carry one very far (we've tested them in the office and they make one's eardrums hurt). This is on top of our caged windows and doors in the IT Suites, and the SmokeCloak machines.. they still try and get in though...
    these things really not anygood in some ways...

At a college I was at they tested the theroy out and one day got a student to pick one up and carried it out of a crowded college

nosie and all

and no one stopped them..

Russ

Thank Post

We caught 4 scumbags on our CCTV when they came and tried to steal a projector. Trouble is their out in a few weeks.

Just hope they decide to target the other schools that don't have CCTV.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information