+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Need something to laugh at? in General; If you need to have a laugh then read some of these: http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_abuse.shtml...

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 741 Posts
    Blog Entries

Need something to laugh at?

If you need to have a laugh then read some of these:

http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_abuse.shtml

2. 3 Thanks to tech_guy:

mattx (14th February 2008), MK-2 (14th February 2008), mrtechsystems (14th February 2008)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ab-So-Lute Classics!

Thank Post
    The whole http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/ site keeps me interested for days

Thank Post
    and the winner is................

work in a call center for a large cell phone company that sells PDAs with phone functionality. I got a call from a customer who said her stylus had broken. I offered to transfer her to customer care, where they could order her out a pack of styluses. She said no, the phone had gotten "messed up." I asked what was wrong with it, and she said that when the stylus had broken, she'd tried to superglue it back together, then put it back in the slot before the glue had dried, and it got stuck in the phone. So she tried to take it out with a hammer and chisel.

LOL

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,597 Posts
    Some absolute gems! Thank you

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    This one is so familiar:

Once I worked as an operator on an old IBM 370/Model 138 mainframe at a local college. My position had been reclassified to fall into a new area outside of the I/S staff. One day, my new supervisor entered the room and stared at the air conditioning unit directly behind me. He studied the two flashing lights for a few moments and asked what job it was currently processing. I killed my career by replying, "Actually, sir, it's cooling the room. The computer is over here."

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Eeek:

This story was told by people from Motorola and is supposedly included in every microcontroller training course Motorola gives.

Test flights of F-16's were being conducted in Israel. The F-16's were doing low height rounds. On approach to the Dead Sea, the whole navigation system suddenly reset itself. The daring pilot landed the bird. HQ called up Motorola and ordered a team on the spot ASAP. The ground tests went perfectly, but every time the bird went airborn, it rebooted.

The pilots were getting restless. Flying on the border of hostile territory without navcom, with the Arabs pointing their earth-to-air missiles at anything that moves, wasn't that pleasant. Neither was debugging the whole navcom in-flight. Then someone figured it out.

The height of the Dead Sea relative to world sea level is -400 meters. As soon as the F-16 reached sea level, the navcom did a divide by zero, crashed, and rebooted.

9. Thanks to tech_guy from:

torledo (14th February 2008)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    This one is so familiar:

Once I worked as an operator on an old IBM 370/Model 138 mainframe at a local college. My position had been reclassified to fall into a new area outside of the I/S staff. One day, my new supervisor entered the room and stared at the air conditioning unit directly behind me. He studied the two flashing lights for a few moments and asked what job it was currently processing. I killed my career by replying, "Actually, sir, it's cooling the room. The computer is over here."
    most managers haven't a clue what's really going on, particularly as they never get hands on. So i'd imagine it'd be quite easy for them to show their ignorance by mistaking a large crac unit for a server...

better for them to keep quiet and nod in agreement rather than ask question that can expose their stupidity.

@tech-guy - you're signature is pure class btw. I'll have to give you a thanks for that alone.
    Last edited by torledo; 14th February 2008 at 02:56 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,624 Posts
    Thanks - I have been looking for some new jokes for ages
    (I print them out and hang them on the door for people to read - it acts as a sort of jokey warning!)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread