+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Interleaving? in General; Been having some problems with browsing websites since Christmas (pages timing out, the web just stopping for a minute, videos ...
    Thank Post

Interleaving?

Been having some problems with browsing websites since Christmas (pages timing out, the web just stopping for a minute, videos pausing etc), thought it was initially just the Christmas rush of new users online etc, but still having problems, so raised it as an issue with my provider (Force9 or Plusnet now). They have now asked for interleaving to be turned on my line by the suppliers i.e.BT. What if any difference is this likely to make and what is interleaving anyway?

Before anyone jumps in that its all down to Force9 being the supplier I have been quite happy with them since leaving Compuserve all those years ago and not had any speed or connection problems since, well just since Christmas, thank god I can still get on here though

Thank Post
    Interleaving has nothing to do with the supplier as it is a state in which your line is placed to 'stabilise' your connection. Look here.

Interleaving to the general user makes little difference but gamers don't like it as it increases your latency by ~25ms.

More important than interleaving is knowing what your line stats are from your router, both from your 'normal' connected socket, AND that of the test socket located behind your master socket (If its an NTE5).

ADSL is a bit of a hobby of mine, so please do pm if you want a hand as I'm not guaranteed to look here often otherwise!

Thank Post
    Post your line stats pal and the lines uptime.

Unfortunately first line "ISP's broadbandings supportingings" seem to have been briefed that interleaving will solve all line/speed problems

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information