+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
General Chat Thread, BSF - or outsourcing by another name in General; I've been on the front line of alot of this. I worked for the company that implemented & managed the ...

Thank Post

Re: BSF - or outsourcing by another name

I've been on the front line of alot of this.

I worked for the company that implemented & managed the (massive) 'flagship' PFI school, for which I ended up IT manager. I really dont want to go into details on a public forum, but I wouldnt worry about being taken on as a TUPE employee.

This is the kind of thing best discussed over a pint or two. Give me a shout if you ever fancy a chat.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by beeswax
    Quote Originally Posted by webman
    I'm a member of Unison, and had a letter today saying they're coming in to the school for a non-teaching staff drop-in day next week to do with BSF. Should be fun :)
    This is some way off in my part of the world, but I'd be grateful if you could let me know the gist of what you decide.
    beeswax
    some way off indeed, er...we should know by November/December.

Thank Post

came across this, as you do, while surfing this morning. apologies if this has already been mentioned.
    "Strictly speaking, obligations relating to provisions about benefits for old age, invalidity or survivors in employees' occupational pension schemes do not transfer under TUPE. However, the provisions of the Pensions Act 2004 sections 257 and 258 do apply to transfers taking place after 6 April 2005. In effect, this means that provisions equivalent to the TUPE regulations apply to pension rights from that date. In essence, if the previous employer provided a pension scheme then the new employer has to provide some form of pension arrangement for employees who were eligible for, or members of the old employer's scheme. It will not have to be the same as the arrangement provided by the previous employer but will have to be of a certain minimum standard specified under the Pensions Act."

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by russdev
    sent to website

"Why is it on the building school for future website you have a what about me section you include sections for every person in the school except support staff and in particular the ict support staff who will be heavily effected by out sourcing of ict in BSF project..

Once again this reinforces the image that DFES see support staff as second class to rest of school life when they have important part to play with in any school.

I expect to see this gross mistake altered at once...

From

Russell Dyas

p.s

I require response by email please."

Russ
    Did you get any response?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information