Poll: Should spain lose it F1 GP Races

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Should spain lose its races in General; Yes Teddy KGB, the spanish are white! That is, they are caucasian. The fact they are often dark haired and ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,623 Posts
    Yes Teddy KGB, the spanish are white! That is, they are caucasian. The fact they are often dark haired and olive skinned does not make them black!

There is racism everywhere but it bothers me that nothing was done to stop what was obviously a problem and THAT is why they should be punished by having the race taken away for one season.
    I know Alonso appears not to be able to stand Hamilton, but why hasn't he stood up and condemned the racists? It would go a long way to repairing the damage if he did

Thank Post
    I'm dark haired and olive skinned...then again, I'm also part spanish

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mortstar View Post
    Yeah I wish our kids weren't doing this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gWGqrK5pKM

he could have been out Pole Vaulting instead
    I have nothing against football but do think that too much funding is put into football that could be used better elsewhere.

I do think that sport council should keep % of funding aside to sports that have low % of people playing it it.

As the focus on main sport in country other sports miss out (not just uk thing world wide problem).

Tennis good example lot of the academies were closed and parents had to make tough decisions such as uproot the family and move to somewhere there is one or hamper a child's career.

Baseball under funding and now not Olympic sport after this year even more funding will be cut. Funding was so low that gb team couldn't go to tournament in japan that would mean they could have a chance qualify for Olympics this year. If that was England football team money would have been foun d from somewhere.

Russ

Thank Post
    Football is the national sport.

Tennis is not

and Baseball certainly isn't!

Thank Post

Tennis is not

shame there are aleast 16 better international football teams than our own in europe alone....not good for a so-called national sport is it ?

about time we stopped putting football and that hideous excercise in greed and vanity, the english premiership, on a pedestal.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Tennis is not

Who says....

What I am saying is that no sport should be national sport when it comes to funding and how is other sports able to become national sport if people are not given opportunity to a) play and b) given chance to see national players/team take part in the sport.
    Last edited by russdev; 5th February 2008 at 07:25 PM.

Thank Post
    Footballers aren't worth the shirts they wear - their wages can't even be justified - then again, neither can Lewis Hamilton's.... or Jimmy Johnson (or whatever his name is last years NASCAR Sprint champ).

Sport is something which, I love, but at the same time it's such a fairy tale.

A sports personality gets insulted in Spain and it's media meltdown.

A thousand other people can get insulted across spain and the reply you get would be "well, you're going to get that wherever you go" or something lame as in "I don't care".

I don't agree that it was right, but I don't see how punishing the whole of Spain for this is fair either, just for the actions of a few people. If it were the full crowd then that's clearly a different matter.

For the record... I don't like him, he's the most boring celebrity I've ever seen on TV and I was glad he wasn't BBC's SPotY, but I respect his driving in that he is good... but so is everyone else - otherwise they wouldn't be there... except in the case of a few people in the past.

Thank Post
    I agree.. storm in a teacup maybe

Thank Post
    After taking a trip back to itv-f1.com it seems, once again, for what... the 500th time in the last 2 years that the British GP at Silverstone is under threat from the guy who just won't leave.

Instead of chasing the Spanish, perhaps mr man (Sports Minister, I forget) should do something about keeping a GP here.

I personally hate Silverstone, so I'd be happy to see it go to Donnigton or Brands (Indy lol!), but wouldn't be very happy to see a GP can't come here...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yes it should go to Donnigton as don't live too far from the track about couple of hours drive at most. To show my age I remember going when they held a f1 race at Donnigton.

Think it would be good for silverstone to lose it for a year so that they get their act together.

Russ
    Last edited by russdev; 6th February 2008 at 06:49 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    Footballers aren't worth the shirts they wear - their wages can't even be justified - then again, neither can Lewis Hamilton's.... or Jimmy Johnson (or whatever his name is last years NASCAR Sprint champ).

Sport is something which, I love, but at the same time it's such a fairy tale.

A sports personality gets insulted in Spain and it's media meltdown.

A thousand other people can get insulted across spain and the reply you get would be "well, you're going to get that wherever you go" or something lame as in "I don't care".

I don't agree that it was right, but I don't see how punishing the whole of Spain for this is fair either, just for the actions of a few people. If it were the full crowd then that's clearly a different matter.

For the record... I don't like him, he's the most boring celebrity I've ever seen on TV and I was glad he wasn't BBC's SPotY, but I respect his driving in that he is good... but so is everyone else - otherwise they wouldn't be there... except in the case of a few people in the past.
    i used to think that about hamilton, but over the course of the season he became considerably less boring. Just because he's got a clean cut image and has his dad hanging around ALL the time doesn't mean he hasn't got a personality. He's a true racer in the tradition of Clark and Senna........not a ruthless automaton like Schumacher.

As for not winning the sports personality award, that what a scandal. Joe calzaghe fights a couple of times a year and wins the award based on a win over the untested Jeff Lacy AGES ago, and calzage is all of a sudden this huge boxing 'personality' despite never having fought in Vegas. He's a good boxer but i hope hopkins does us all a favour and beats him silly.

He's not a good driver, he's a great driver. Possibly the best ever...If he drove for Ferrari he'd probably never lose a race outside of mechanical failure. He made Alonso look like a rookie, even though Alonso is two time champion and miles ahead of any other driver.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12