+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Time for new phone in General; So it's time to upgrade or just cancel and get a new contract but i just cannot decide wot to ...

Thank Post

Time for new phone

So it's time to upgrade or just cancel and get a new contract but i just cannot decide wot to get... N95 8GB has always been top of my list as i currently have the E65 and have always enjoyed the experience. But the Sony Ericsson K850i looks nice too. Anyone got any other suggestions or have experience of either of these phones.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi Dave,

The Nokia N95 8gb is a great phone its the one i have had and its a real gd phone. i be honest with you there has been a few problems with the phones if you do a search on google "nokia n95 reveiws" theres quite a few problems people have had but touch wood i aint had n e problems with it.

On the other side of the market my mom recently upgraded and she had the new Samsung F700 which again is another ausome touch screen phone. would look at that one 2, both have there diffrences.

regards

James

Thank Post
    I've always heard positive things from the people I know who have the Nokia N95.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    Im not impressed by Nokias really, I prefer Sony Ericssons for phones and HTCs for SmartPhones

Thank Post
    Sony Ericsson P1i here, great phone - though now the 8GB N95 is out, think that pips the SE as the best phone out there!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What exactly is it about the N95 8GB? So it has 8GB of memory, but what are the chances of it being used to it's full capacity?
    I know it has sat nav and wifi, but be honest, those of us who want sat nav have probably got a tomtom or similar product and for wifi most will have a laptop.
    Yes I know it combines all these into one product but it just seems a bit of a muchness.

Thank Post
    *cough* iPhone *cough* much better deal with the new tariffs :P

played around with a N95 the other day and hated every second of it.

I think you also have to look at a phone and work out what you use it for. if you need a phone/camera and you tend to take alot of pictures on nights out for example perhaps you want a not so good phone that has a better camea with flash etc.

work out what you need it for. Then do some research!
    Last edited by gaz350; 4th February 2008 at 03:23 PM.

Thank Post
    The normal N95 is rubbish in every respect.

The N95-8Gb is an entirely different kettle of fish.
    It shouldnt even be called a N95 at all in my opinion:
    - Different casing. more resistant to damage.
    - bigger screen
    - better battery
    - more ram
    - more upto date OS.

Ive had mine since early december. And its been flawless for me. I get about a weeks worth of battery out of it under medium/heavy usage and i never get software faults with it.

Touch wood....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 791 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The only thing with the N95, is that my mates who've got them always complain about the galleries crashing after you've got a few things in it.

Personally, I've got a HTC touch, and love it

Thank Post
    I can pretty much guarantee that wont happen with the 8Gb model.

Its reasons like that Nokia have annoyed me with their naming.
    The 8gb N95 is tarred with the same brush as the original.

Thank Post
    Thanks for all of that guys. I'd never be blind enough to get an iphone or ipod.

Think people have already explained why the 8gb N95 over the older one guess it'll just depend on what deals i can get as a camera is always useful to have.

Thank Post
    Iv just had my phone upgraded to the Original N95 (with Silver casing) and i must say its brilliant... dont listen to those people saying theres too many problems with it iv had mine nearly 2 weeks now and i cant fault it, it is said that the earlier versions of the N95 are not up to scratch because of the problems is because of the early firmware on them, if you upgrade to the latest one this usually fixes the problems with them. Iv got the latest firmware version on mine already and it came pre-installed with the phone (V20.0.015) and i have not ever experienced any problems with it yet. The only thing that isnt too good with this phone is the battery life, but im not really suprised because of the ammount of stuff that has been packed into this phone its bound to take a lot of battery life. The difference between the original N95 and the Black N95 8GB is that the black one has a slightly bigger screen (original N95 has a 2.4" the Black one has a 2.6") and also its touch screen, and as the title says it comes with 8GB of flash memory built in already and you cant upgrade the memory, also it has improved battery life etc.
    Last edited by L.E.K; 5th February 2008 at 10:41 AM.

Thank Post
    I have had the original N95 for a while now and i will say the phone does get better with each revision of firmware, i am with Tmobile so i had to change my product code to install v20 but it was well worth it. The only real differances between the n95 (original) and the n95 (8 Gig) is the battery life and the amount of free ram. The 8Gig has approx 80 meg free but the original has approx 25 meg free.

The N95 is a great phone in either version, if you are interested in one go and have a demo just to make sure it is what you want.

jordan

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JOrdan01070 View Post
    The only real differances between the n95 (original) and the n95 (8 Gig) is the battery life and the amount of free ram. The 8Gig has approx 80 meg free but the original has approx 25 meg free.
    ...and the rest of the changes! lol. .
    Quote Originally Posted by L.E.K View Post
    The difference between the original N95 and the Black N95 8GB is that the black one has a slightly bigger screen (original N95 has a 2.4" the Black one has a 2.6") and also its touch screen, and as the title says it comes with 8GB of flash memory built in already and you cant upgrade the memory, also it has improved battery life etc.
    Its not a touch screen at all!?

Differences in full:

Bigger screen. (The extra 0.2" really does make a big difference imo).
    Better battery.
    More refinied OS (more stable, more battery efficient, faster GUI, few more features).
    Full flash support.
    Different, higher quality, casing and construction.
    Black in colour.
    The screen sits flush with the casing and has a protective layer.
    8Gb of storage memory.
    More RAM.
    Program Paging. (big flaw on the original was that the lack of RAM caused slowdown, and the phone would close background apps to allow new apps to run, the 8Gb pages data so this doesnt happen. Its possible to have lots of apps open with no slowdown or closing of apps in the background).

Both N95s are good phones, but the N95 8Gb is the phone the original should have been.
    Last edited by boomam; 5th February 2008 at 01:37 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    can;t go wrong with a nokia, but I rate HTC phones highly.

The "Touch Cruise" is comming out this month and it has buit in GPS and wireless and it's super cool.

I have a HTC TyTn, which is good... although I wish I had never experimented with flashing it!! Which leads me on to... does anyone have any good WM6 roms? I currently have the official one and it's boring!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast