+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Time for new phone in General; Originally Posted by Joanne can;t go wrong with a nokia, but I rate HTC phones highly. The "Touch Cruise" is ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    can;t go wrong with a nokia, but I rate HTC phones highly.

The "Touch Cruise" is comming out this month and it has buit in GPS and wireless and it's super cool.

I have a HTC TyTn, which is good... although I wish I had never experimented with flashing it!! Which leads me on to... does anyone have any good WM6 roms? I currently have the official one and it's boring!!
    The TyTn is a good phone. Very well built.

Is the official WM6 ROM out is it?

Have a look on XDA Developers for customised ROMs for it. .

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JOrdan01070 View Post
    The only real differances between the n95 (original) and the n95 (8 Gig) is the battery life and the amount of free ram.
    Going off my mate's experience with his N95, lack of battery life is the main problem with it. If he uses it for web browsing for an hour during the day it won't last until he gets home at 6pm. Even if he hardly uses it for internet gubbins it struggles to make it to midnight without getting its fix of electrons.

The other problem he has with it (as do most N95 owners from what I've heard) is that the GPS really doesn't work. Maybe they've fixed that in the pimped version.

Thank Post
    I do like the HTC phones but trying to find one on contract doesn't seem easy.

Thank Post
    I've had two HTC (o2 XDA) phones in the past and haven't been terribly impressed. They all seemed to go the same way in the end...stopped recieving text messages and cutting off calls....which obviously was a PITA.

I went over to a Nokia N70 for a while and was considering the N95. Whilst up until VERY recently (as in last week) I've not been a fan of apple products the contract with unlimited data and unlimited access to "The Cloud" wifi hotspots was just too much for my weak weak brain to resist and I got me an iPhone.

I'm sorry but i've just been blown away by it. Yes...there are a number of things that have irritated me and that continue to irritate me but that are fixable and some of which are planned for future OS updates.

But...just to put the icing on the cake for all you Apple flamers out there to have a little giggle at ('cause i'm nice like that ). When I got my iPhone yesterday there was only the 8Gig model.

This morning....whilst i was sat replying to an e-mail a mate came up and told me that the 16Gig version had JUST been released...literally 24hrs after i bought my 8gig one. :P

Thank Post
    See i like the iPhone, and although they've fixed one of my problems with it, lack of multi-recepient SMS, the lack of MMS, poor camera abilitys & various other faults put me off it.

When the iPhone v2 comes out, that'll be the one to get imo.

sahmeepee, the original N95 did, and does, suffer from a poor battery.
    Something that the 8Gb model doesnt however.

It may seem like im harping on about the 8Gb, but i just dont like seeing it tarred with the same brush as the original.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boomam View Post
    It may seem like im harping on about the 8Gb, but i just dont like seeing it tarred with the same brush as the original.
    Nope, all useful info..

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.81 View Post
    I do like the HTC phones but trying to find one on contract doesn't seem easy.
    Most of the times the operators rebadge them so you have to do some digging. I have a HTC badged as an O2 xda minis II or something similar. The new Stellar from O2 is the tytnII which I am thinking hard about.

If O2 offered me a good enough deal I was thinking about the iPhone but with the list boomam reeled off it puts me off again.

Thank Post
    I like the new sony erricson phone, the camera is second to none and at 5mega pixel should take pretty good pics.

I use my phone for > Talking > taking pics > sending pics > web > games in that order.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12