+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Returns procedure in General; ...

Thank Post

Returns procedure

I not a happy bunny atm. Ive had 2 items go bad, 1 DOA and 1 dead after 2weeks.

Aria.co.uk - My ram went bad after a couple of weeks so i RMAed it only to find out i must "send it at my own expense and risk". Ok, its only ram itll only be a couple of quid i thought, so im rather pished to find it cost £4.75!!

Komplett.co.uk - Got a hard drive DOA so i go to RMA it and the website says

This Item has a Direct manufacturer's warranty. If it is faulty it must be returned DIRECTLY to them. Contact information can be found clicking on the link below.
    I dont know if they'll want me to send it back at my own expense and risk yet, but i cant see sending it back being cheap going by the price i payed to send back my RAM.

Am i right in thinking Aria have no right to make me pay to return as to my understanding "the customer must not be out of pocket because of inherintly faulty goods"?

And am i right in thinking my contract is with Komplett not the manufacturer (Western Digital) so they have no right to make me send it back to WD

Thank Post
    If the drive from Komplett was DOA then I would return it to them for a replacement. If you had actually used the drive then it would be different but Komplett have supplied you with a drive that doesn't work so therefore I think that they should replace it. I'm not sure about the RAM since you actually managed to use it; it wasn't faulty on arrival.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ok, this is another thing relating to the Sale of Goods act, and also the distance trading law.

The law states that if a good is faulty then the retailer has to either replace, repair or refund the item - once you can come to an agreement on which with them. They can't offload their responsibilities due to a third party warranty situation, as they themselves are legally required to cover these eventualities within a reasonable amount of time. (12 months usually, but there are different burdens of proof before 6 months and after 6 months). The 3rd party warranty is supplimentary to your statutory rights and not in place of them.

I'm not so sure about postage though, as the DSR legislation is a bit unclear about the return of faulty goods. If it were a cancelled contract/order then the seller would have had to have returns procedure outlined on their website before you bought it if they had wanted you to pay returns. But this may be a little different.

Thank Post
    Localzuk is spot on, but I'm 99% sure you reclaim your returns expenses for P&P. I dealt with Aria on that before, and I'm sure that I had to put the receipt into the box I was sending back to claim the P&P back.

Check out Martins Money Tips website for all questions about this. Loads of threads on it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabeaver View Post
    I'm sure that I had to put the receipt into the box I was sending back to claim the P&P back.
    No good if the parcel goes missing and you have no way of proving you sent it lol

Thank Post
    If you ask at the Post Office, they will give you a separate receipt for money paid and a separate Certificate of Posting. Alternatively, use Online Postage and print off a copy of the e-mail confirmation and bung that in the box. Then take the package to the PO and get them to give you a Proof of Posting.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Actually, having just had a look at the aria site, the returns page says to keep a copy of the receipt for costs incurred whilst returning in case the item is indeed faulty. Then you can claim for your postage costs back.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Support/Returns+Info

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Actually, having just had a look at the aria site, the returns page says to keep a copy of the receipt for costs incurred whilst returning in case the item is indeed faulty. Then you can claim for your postage costs back.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Support/Returns+Info
    Cheers, i totally missed that. I bet a few others have aswell.

Actually i havnt really looked for it tbh as im dealing with Komplett atm. Ill have a look on Kompletts website for anything similar, but so far i havnt found anything

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,449 Posts
    Yup doesn't matter how they try and fob you off, your contract is with them.

Doesn't matter if you use something and it goes faulty it's still down to them to deal with it.

They have to refund your postage.

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread