+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, things kids do that you shouldn't really laugh at but do, in General; 2. Kids that lean on my "service hatch" and say "WOW, this door is thick!". We always respond with "Suits ...

Thank Post
    2. Kids that lean on my "service hatch" and say "WOW, this door is thick!". We always respond with "Suits you.."...it's only a shelf on a normal door..
    I would liked to have seen that!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post
    3.The repeated cries of "I had yer mum last night", and "yer mum", "yer mum", "I had yer nan", then usually a smack as the first kid hauls off...got to love "fight club" as they're known.
    4. One of the more physical Year 11s last year who evicted a pond dweller from our office with a punch, and a well executed "throw him through the doorway" move.
    I know it is probably very unprofessional but there have been times a kid has had a deserving slap (usually because they think they can get away with it as I am standing near) & when they have whined I have apologised and explained that I blinked at that moment or I'm blind in that eye so couldn't see anything.

Also having some friendly large Y11s are always helpful if someone needs removing from a corridor.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    5. A kid that stood here and told the head we should "Switch to open source instead of the Joke that is Windows, and spend the license money on improving the student resources"..bless, I creased.
    Well done that kid!!

Thank Post
    They are funny here...I know we have a bit of a rep around local schools, but bless them, they're essentially good kids with a good sense of humour.

Whenever we go to the secondary tech meetings, we bring up a list of failings our kids have found or hacks they've accomplished, and the LEA/NGFL/other schools just look shocked. Such things as "if you pull the cat5 out of the PC at just the right moment in the login process, you can get local admin access to the machine", and "BTW, is this your local admin password on the domain? One of the kids used LOPHCrack in the community library and found it.."

We had one incident last year where someone jumped over the fence and threatened a year 10...they were taken away in an ambulance, as unfortunatly, Year 11 weren't far away and they all piled in.

Also had the "all out turf war" with a neighbouring school..lunchtime, the school is silent. We all look at each other and whisper "uh-oh.."..then we see the kids all going hell for leather across the field towards the school shouting "OPEN THE BLOODY DOORS!"..they all piled in, ran to classrooms and sat trying to look innocent. One class said to me "If anyone asks, we were here all the time, OK sir?"

When I asked why..."We were decking the other lot, and the police arrived... They let the dogs out...that's why we were running..."..

The sight of the entire school doing the "who? US? No, we were here..mud? What mud? oh, THAT? No idea....." was absolutely priceless..

Thank Post
    Desktop backgrounds cannot be changed and the desktop itself is read only here for all staff, so they really can't pull that one

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Friez View Post
    Desktop backgrounds cannot be changed and the desktop itself is read only here for all staff, so they really can't pull that one :D
    Apply it via policy >:)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by richard.thomas View Post
    Apply it via policy >
    Hell no, do you realise how much work that'll generate? And the ridiculous amount of phone calls?

Thank Post
    Keyboard letters swapped round to form swearwords
    Ours have been known to do this to spell their names - incorrectly.

Thank Post
    I was re-issueing a laptop to a teacher and it had a slight split in the plastic in one corner. He promptly said..... "won't that let the water in?" whereby I replied that using ones lappy in the bath is not reccommended.

Thank Post
    When we get the new intake of Y5 kids, I have to give them a pep talk about ICT Suite protocol. I hate kids constantly calling my name out whilst I am working with someone else and what really gets me is when they wander over and poke me. To make the point, I tell them that I was in the SAS and my instinct is to react first. As I said this I noticed a Y6 kid walking across the playground on crutches with his arm in a sling.

"He poked me before the holidays and look at him now!" I said.

The look on their faces was a treat.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    When we get the new intake of Y5 kids, I have to give them a pep talk about ICT Suite protocol. I hate kids constantly calling my name out whilst I am working with someone else and what really gets me is when they wander over and poke me. To make the point, I tell them that I was in the SAS and my instinct is to react first. As I said this I noticed a Y6 kid walking across the playground on crutches with his arm in a sling.

"He poked me before the holidays and look at him now!" I said.

The look on their faces was a treat.
    oh supurb thats my biggest bug bear the poking especially. Gona try that one.

Thank Post
    Being poked?! A kid would lose a finger if they did that to me!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey View Post
    Being poked?! A kid would lose a finger if they did that to me!
    Welcome to Primary teaching! Sleeve-pulling is another one...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12