+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Laptop trolley in General; Dont get one Got my asst. of this week so have had to do it myself. She is far less ...
    Unvalidated User
    Thank Post

Laptop trolley

Dont get one

Got my asst. of this week so have had to do it myself. She is far less concerned about making enemys and i just love the stress I get

/rant
    Surely its not that hard to plug the power back into the laptop before you put it back on the trolley (and not upside down, back to front on top of each etc.!).
    "ohh but the kids.." well do it yourself then!
    I suggested to one to get a good kid to do it and had a look of amazment! Its like a 10-15 mins after each lesson to sort it out if they leave it in a mess!

and why is it so hard to understand that if a load of kids borrow them from a classroom that its only a matter of time before one gets dropped/nicked etc.

I guess its all my problem by their attitude!

Thank Post
    All our laptop trolleys are assigned to individual depts. They are responsible for ensuring the laptops are charged up overnight and for the safe issue & return of equipment. They also get bills for damage to equipment.....

Students are told to report damage if they see it before logging on, otherwise they will get the blame when the next user reports it.

Thank Post
    You wouldn't believe the response I got when I mentioned that they number the slots so that I don't have to spend half an hour looking for the laptop that needs fixing!

Thank Post
    After many months of use in classrooms we have finally got to a stage where the trolley can be moved pretty much immediately after the end of teaching period...

To get to this stage however, I have had to put up with:
    Keys being left in the lock whilst moving them - resulting in broken keys
    Cables being left connected whilst moving - pulling network sockets apart
    A particular manouver which buckled the wheels due to how often it was made
    Laptops frequently being logged off but not shut down
    Trolley being moved but not actually booked

It drove me mad during the initial month or so - I had to train class after class how to safely use the laptops. We are finally at a position where teachers will be able to move the laptops & connect them, themselves! I think.

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post

Angry

I think if its a departments laptop then it will be looked after a lot better. At the moment many/most staff have the attitude that I over-react about everything. Pretty crazy considering they teach the kids and should be far more aware that they are naughty than me. I have got to the stage where I think something will be done/realised etc. after something gets stolen/broken so there is a big fuss. Saying that though I have already completely replaced a keyboard on one of them and I told manglement.

I have a coded key and I really have to keep it secret (me and my asst.) becoz if you give it to the teachers its only a matter of time before they are unlocking it for departments etc. For example, might leave it in a classroom to charge as its due next door or in that room later but then it magically unlocks itself and the next lesson they laptops run-out. Not so bad if its in the same department as I will directly tell the persons whos lesson is messed up that x persons fault. But then it only re-occurs. Some of the staff are like the kids!!

I am doing another trolley soon but will be moved and looked after (non technically wise) by the biol techs plus an install of deepfreeze due to fiddlers in that area!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread