+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, TightVNC in General; Originally Posted by TechSupp Any more ideas how to remote to other servers, pm me if necessary. Logmein blocked by ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSupp View Post
    Any more ideas how to remote to other servers, pm me if necessary.

Logmein blocked by our broadband web filtering service (no chance of getting them to unblock it) and VNC no go as LEA IT services will not open up the ports for me to access my other primaries servers. Have got VPN access to the servers from home but most of the calls where I would need to check the servers would be during the daytime.
    Surely if you can VPN then you should be able to use local remote desktop or VNC (once you've connected to the VPN......)?

Thank Post
    how easy is it to setup VPN connection on windows 2003 server R2? Can anyone guide me through this?

Thank Post
    Sorry can't help with the setting up of a VPN as mine was all set up with the YHGfL who supply our broadband and its all done externally to the school somehow. As for opening ports etc, can't as the switch that controls it is owned and maintained by the council network services team and they are the ones not too interested in letting me have access accross the network from one school server to another even if I support them.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information