+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Ofsted only in for 1 day! in General; I was reading in TES that they are trying a pilot scheme at Bexhill Grammar School where Y13 kids are ...

Thank Post
    I was reading in TES that they are trying a pilot scheme at Bexhill Grammar School where Y13 kids are being trained up by OFSTED to sit in and assess lessons. Personally, I think this has merit. Even in Y7, kids can be very constructive when asked to assess other pupil's work.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    I was reading in TES that they are trying a pilot scheme at Bexhill Grammar School where Y13 kids are being trained up by OFSTED to sit in and assess lessons. Personally, I think this has merit. Even in Y7, kids can be very constructive when asked to assess other pupil's work.
    That's actually a brilliant idea. I remeber from my school days offsted saw nothing of behaviour in some classes on a day to day basis and the actual progress of a year group as influenced by teachers and fellow pupils. The idea of training mature, consscientous pupils - and no doubt also high attainers,
    to assess lessons is potentially a good idea. Obvously it's a process that is open to abuse but it could be considerably better than the current system and really keep teachers on their toes.

Muvh better way of identifying responsible pupils than a poxy jumper that has 'prefect' woven into it. Y13 assessors would really have the opportunity to help improve condiitions for fellow pupils and those in the lwer age groups.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12