+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, The round about ways you solve problems online! in General; I've been looking at getting Plex installed onto my Zyxel 230 home NAS box for the past week now and ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,247 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Blog Entries

The round about ways you solve problems online!

I've been looking at getting Plex installed onto my Zyxel 230 home NAS box for the past week now and finally felt I had enough links (via a whole raft of SSH commands) to hack it in there using a USB drive with something called FFP to boot from that when I got up early this morning at 6am I though I'd spend half an hour doing it whilst the house was quiet.
    Then I discovered that my 320 has no root access and a further hack was required *sigh*
    Then searching for how to do this I came across an even easier method of installing Plex that I would not have found if I'd not been searching for this making the past weeks searching largely irrelevant.
    Don't you just hate it when there is an easy way that doesn't become apparent until much later on!
    If you do need to look at this you can find the info here: How to setup an SSH server on ZyXEL NSA320 | A Developer's Blog
    I just hope this works as advertised

2. 2 Thanks to Dos_Box:

mac_shinobi (28th August 2014), TheScarfedOne (28th August 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread