+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, DPD in General; Why can't there be more companies like DPD, I'm currently 22 out of 97 and should have my delivery between ...

Thank Post

DPD

Why can't there be more companies like DPD, I'm currently 22 out of 97 and should have my delivery between 2 and 3, I can track where my driver is too on a map.

I'm starting to choose companies now over who deliver the kit even it means paying a bit more I know I will get my parcel on time.

Thank Post
    Such DPD love here.

Thank Post
    I got a text yesterday from the "driver" saying they would be at my address in under 10 minutes. After emailing me at 7am to say it would be delivered between 1400-1500.

Im the same use people who use them! makes life so much easier, and for home packages you dont need to take a day/afternoon off just pop home, job done.

Thank Post
    I got a text yesterday from the "driver"
    So long as he didn't send the text whilst driving.

Thank Post
    I too love DPD deliveries and i HATE parcel force. Our local parcel force driver has a habit of letting packages fall out of his van :/ I've actually watched him deliver multiple big boxes of IT kit before and just watched a box roll to the floor from his van...eurgh.

Thank Post
    Yeh - I use SCAN a lot @ home and my buddy Paul the driver always texts me to give an hour long slot. Whatever automated system they use is good as he never misses his slot.

Like others have said, I now order from specific places just to get DPD parcels

Thank Post
    DPD are amazing! - My wife uses them and so far they have got to the address 2-3 minutes after there estimated arrival time.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yup we're big fans of DPD here too. We must send over 150 boxes per day and they're fantastic.

Thank Post
    DPD aren't amazing. They provide a reliable service, which is what we expect from every company in the world. Other delivery companies have been taking the mick for far too long.

Thank Post
    You have summed it up there madurham but because there is such poor service from many and its not difficult to provide a good service they stand out.

To be honest I cannot fault CityLink and ParcelForce here but the thing that sticks me to DPD is how you get to know when its here so can you make sure you are around and that for the delivery without having to wait all day. Just wish a few more companies would go over to DPD or have the option to select a courier, I'm happy to have different prices depending on who I use but I want reliability in the whole.

Thank Post
    DPD stand out for me too. There tracking is far better than any of the other delivery companies. UKMail also send out a text with an hours delivery window, but as far as I can remember (last 4 packages with them over the past 2 years) they have always failed to deliver during that hours window.

Love that Amazon use DPD for their Prime deliveries, as such, I use them a lot

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not flawless, still - we had a few grand of projectors left in the lobby of the college round the corner (different road, different postcode), out of sight of their reception staff but in full view of anyone who walked in, without anyone there being told. It would seem he just pulled up wherever his GPS told him too, dumped the parcels just inside the door, signed the delivery himself and drove off.

I do love the detail you get when you order from Scan, though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewL View Post
    Why can't there be more companies like DPD, I'm currently 22 out of 97 and should have my delivery between 2 and 3, I can track where my driver is too on a map.
    There is. Interlink also do this but seen as how DPD is Interlink parent company i am not surprised.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 984 Posts
    Maybe DPD have improved a lot since when I last got a few deliveries from them where they chucked our package over the fence and fraudulently signed for the package and pretending that we signed for said package when we weren't even at home to sign for anything let alone a package.

If I need to ship anything in future may give them another try

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread