+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Leavers! :( in General; Anyone else going to really miss the year 6/11s/etc that they bonded with? I almost cried today. Year 6 this ...

Thank Post

Leavers! :(

Anyone else going to really miss the year 6/11s/etc that they bonded with? I almost cried today.

Year 6 this year were my absolute favourite kids ever! My computer club have been like tiny little friends! I helped in all of their assemblies and have just had a laugh with them. (There's one kid who I owe a life debt to because I accidentally swore at him and he just laughed it off!) Half of them were in tears during their assembly and made tier parents cry.

My club came into my too today to get their shirts signed and brought me this!
    Leavers! :(-imageuploadedbytapatalk1405683472.120280.jpg

I talk about them way too much I know... ;-; but year 5 this year suck...

Thank Post
    nope I wont.

Thank Post
    Not really, but I haven't been here long and I don't run any activities etc so other than the token 'I can't log in' I don't get a chance to bond with the kids here.

That's awfully cute of them though.

Thank Post
    Year 8 left today (middle school) and I have to admit, even though I don't talk to the kids I will miss them. Especially a few amusing individuals!

Thank Post
    Couple years ago I had a form for two years and yeah I missed the year 11s that left but I have very little contact with students now so I'm only going to miss a few that were in my old form.

Thank Post
    Students? Surely you mean the physical representations of AD user accounts?

7. 6 Thanks to madurham:

HTCPCP (18th July 2014), mcrabb (18th July 2014), Oaktech (18th July 2014), StevieM (18th July 2014), themightymrp (18th July 2014), tmoon-mint (18th July 2014)

Thank Post
    I accidentally swore at him and he just laughed it off!
    I was once press-ganged into taking a group of disruptive kids for a computer club. In a fit of extreme annoyance I said to them "Will you bl**** well shut up!"

"Ooooohhhh", they replied.

I apologised and suggested they keep it to themselves. If the little tykes ever told anyone, it never got back to me. They seem to have an ability to know when to tow the line, such as OFTED inspections.

Thank Post
    I don't bond with students...

What I do is b*llock them repeatedly for attempting to circumvent filtering, hand bawling sixth formers tissues and retrieve their work from borked sticks and berate year 9s for handing out their passwords to their 'friends' who then send whole school emails telling everyone 'they are moist'.

Le Edit...

There is one student I will always miss for the sheer technical challenge of un-screwing everything she screwed up.

She must of been some sort of human static generator because everything electrical she touched died - computers, cameras, printers, memory sticks. Everything.

I still have a hard drive that came out of a machine she was using that spins, but thats all. It doesn't even report in bios. It was fine at switch on, 4 hours later with her as the last user, nothing.
    Last edited by Oaktech; 18th July 2014 at 01:50 PM.

10. Thanks to Oaktech from:

themightymrp (18th July 2014)

Thank Post
    I get on pretty well with most of the kids in school, although there are always a few that get right through to Year 6 and I think 'What was their name?' On the other hand, there are some that are just fabulous and I think, 'No!! You can't EVER leave!'...but they always do.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    I was once press-ganged into taking a group of disruptive kids for a computer club. In a fit of extreme annoyance I said to them "Will you bl**** well shut up!"

"Ooooohhhh", they replied.

I apologised and suggested they keep it to themselves. If the little tykes ever told anyone, it never got back to me. They seem to have an ability to know when to tow the line, such as OFTED inspections.
    I did tell a class full of year 10 boys that they were a waste of bog roll. They thought that was very funny and behaved afterwards.

I also told a serial mouse-mover that if I caught him touching the back of a PC again that his fingers might accidentally meet with a nasty accident.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread