+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
General Chat Thread, I love the summer work at school... in General; Job list went from a half sheet of A4 to 3 full sheet of A4 due to room changes and ...

Thank Post
    Job list went from a half sheet of A4 to 3 full sheet of A4 due to room changes and various other things that landed on my desk during the last week - I don't know why I am surprise as its always the same every year!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall_Paul View Post
    Daft question, but when you do guys actually take your holidays?
    That's a good question! I am the only ICT Tech / Network Manager here & I look after quite a substantial network in house - also I look after the audio / visual needs of the school including assemblies, event support etc.

I can barely take a half day during term time let alone a full day without the requests going through the roof.

Right now I'm in the position where I have to take pretty much all hallowe'en, Christmas, and half term in Feb off to bring my annual leave down to an acceptable level to carry over (7 days max) ... that's not touching my 10+ days in leiu at the mo I've accrued from working bank holidays etc. Thankfully I can carry those over, but then again the same problem will come around next year!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB_NI View Post
    That's a good question! I am the only ICT Tech / Network Manager here & I look after quite a substantial network in house - also I look after the audio / visual needs of the school including assemblies, event support etc.

I can barely take a half day during term time let alone a full day without the requests going through the roof.

Right now I'm in the position where I have to take pretty much all hallowe'en, Christmas, and half term in Feb off to bring my annual leave down to an acceptable level to carry over (7 days max) ... that's not touching my 10+ days in leiu at the mo I've accrued from working bank holidays etc. Thankfully I can carry those over, but then again the same problem will come around next year!
    Are you happy with that? I know I wouldn't be!

Time to grasp the nettle and go and speak to the Head\Principal. In my experience employers are rarely bothered about you working yourself to an early grave, but they will notice if things don't get done because you're understaffed.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234