+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Fitbit and other Pedometers in General; I bought myself a Fitbit Flex about a week ago and have been completely obsessed with it since (and lost ...
    Thank Post

Fitbit and other Pedometers

I bought myself a Fitbit Flex about a week ago and have been completely obsessed with it since (and lost some weight in the process!).

Does anyone else use one or any other sort of pedometer? I need other step-obsessed people to share with!

Thank Post
    I don't know how accurate it is but I use the one on my Galaxy S4!

Thank Post
    Do you think it's made you more motivated to move around more?

Thank Post
    Ive got a steps tracker on my LG G Watch, not sure how accurate it is but ive been trying to get 10,000 steps a day.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,699 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconAlley_Sam View Post
    I bought myself a Fitbit Flex about a week ago and have been completely obsessed with it since (and lost some weight in the process!).

Does anyone else use one or any other sort of pedometer? I need other step-obsessed people to share with!
    Blimey! That's not cheap!
    I've got one of the old-fashioned, clip-on-your-belt sort of pedometer - a pain to set up but OK once it is done. I was obsessed originally but now I forget about it. Must dig it out and try again!

Thank Post
    I've had a fitbit flex since Christmas. I think the most powerful thing is the app. Logging the exercise and hitting my active minutes target seems to motivate me best. I often get to the end of the day just a couple of hundred steps from my step target, but it doesn't make me walk round the block.

The app got a big update a couple of weeks ago - it'll now track your walk run or cycle route. Only used it once so far though as it doesn't work so well in the gym!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Blimey! That's not cheap!
    I've got one of the old-fashioned, clip-on-your-belt sort of pedometer - a pain to set up but OK once it is done. I was obsessed originally but now I forget about it. Must dig it out and try again!
    I thought that initially, uhm'd and ahh'd about it and then finally decided to go for it and I can honestly say that thus far it's the best £60 I've ever spent.

Quote Originally Posted by IrritableTech View Post
    I've had a fitbit flex since Christmas. I think the most powerful thing is the app. Logging the exercise and hitting my active minutes target seems to motivate me best. I often get to the end of the day just a couple of hundred steps from my step target, but it doesn't make me walk round the block.
    Don't suppose you fancy adding a friend?

You're definitely right in that the app is what really makes Fitbit worthwhile. I know I'm still very much in the novelty phase but I'm exercising daily, deliberately taking the longer route to places, walking to places I would previously have driven to. Last night I was a few hundred steps off target so, to the amusement of my boyfriend, paced around the bedroom until I hit my target. I'm also thinking about what I'm eating. After a half hour run I actually don't want that biscuit or square of chocolate that's going to instantly make some of that exercise more or less redundant.

It's definitely a great investment for someone who isn't always enormously self-motivated when it comes to health and fitness particularly if you also like graphs, statistics and a touch of competition!

Thank Post
    Don't suppose you fancy adding a friend?
    PM me your registered email address. I'll add you.

9. Thanks to IrritableTech from:

SiliconAlley_Sam (9th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Do you think it's made you more motivated to move around more?
    I think so - at leasts it makes me feel worse for days I don't hit my target! Depending on how the weeks gone if I haven't hit 2 or more days, I'll go out for an extra long walk at the weekend to make up for it!

11. Thanks to eyetea from:

SiliconAlley_Sam (9th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    @Little-Miss uses fitbit i think I'm sure she mentioned it the other day to me

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Haha, last night funnily enough. I have fitbit app on on my HTC and i forget it's there until it pops up and tells me i've done my 10,000 steps for the day. I'm doing plenty of walking around London!

I have been tempted to get the wrist band thingy...i love anything that has a gadget! (behave!)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    Haha, last night funnily enough. I have fitbit app on on my HTC and i forget it's there until it pops up and tells me i've done my 10,000 steps for the day. I'm doing plenty of walking around London!

I have been tempted to get the wrist band thingy...i love anything that has a gadget! (behave!)
    I'm still so excited by it that I can't help but check/sync it pretty frequently, I do try to hold out for as long as I can because it's always nice to see a larger than expected increase from when you last checked . It's so much easier for me on the weekends, I'm always out and about so I hit 10k without even feeling like I've done anything. During the week it's a lot tougher!

Thank Post
    Unfortunately I couldn't have this week off, otherwise I would have scored big time with steps! Mates have gone up to the Lake District for a weeks walking holiday, and I'm stuck here in the office!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Oh it's the other way around for me...the weekend seems to be when i struggle to get 10k. It's probably cus im still in bed. haha

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eyetea View Post
    Unfortunately I couldn't have this week off, otherwise I would have scored big time with steps! Mates have gone up to the Lake District for a weeks walking holiday, and I'm stuck here in the office!
    Awh that sucks.

I was up there for a week at the end of May, I honestly hadn't realised we had scenery quite like that in England and having spent 3 years in Cornwall I thought I had a better understanding of "the beauty of England" than most! Incredible. Not sure if Fitbit would have been good for that trip though... impressive steps and distance covered but an alarming number of calories consumed. I ate all the pies. Also the hot chocolates, the ales, the Plumbread...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast