+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Goodbye FaceBook - Thanks for nothing! in General; Made the leap, I am officially off FaceBook, they don't make it easy though. When you try to delete your ...

Thank Post

Goodbye FaceBook - Thanks for nothing!

Made the leap, I am officially off FaceBook, they don't make it easy though. When you try to delete your account all it does is de-activate the thing so that you can always login again and re-activate your account! Ain't nobody got time for that! I contacted their support team and said I want everything deleting off their servers and that I want no information remaining on FaceBook about me.

Ta-da completely gone If you're wondering why I made such a vast move it's quite simple, since having it it causes more problems than it solves, conflicts between family that disagree with certain posts etc... Also it's taken it's toll on me and my girlfriend a lot these last few weeks (long story) to the point where on several occasions we've almost broke up!

I seriously don't care I feel more stress-free and I don't feel the urge to check up on everyone all the time I think that except for linked in social networks aren't the place for me!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm edging closer to doing the same myself. I hardly use it really now - prefer Twitter as its more of a source of news and less of a "passive aggressive" argument centre.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,360 Times in 1,738 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    I seriously don't care I feel more stress-free and I don't feel the urge to check up on everyone all the time I think that except for linked in social networks aren't the place for me!
    ... except for linked in .... AND edugeek

Seriously though. Well done. It's the right move for you.

Thank Post
    unfortunately im only still on it to see pictures of family around the country, if that wasn't the case id be deleting my account straight away!

Not that seeing pictures of family is a bad thing.

Thank Post
    .. i have never had facepoo, twitter etc. the amount of grief it can cause is just not worth it..

STariq

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    I'm edging closer to doing the same myself. I hardly use it really now - prefer Twitter as its more of a source of news and less of a "passive aggressive" argument centre.
    I never got on well with Twitter either, if I want to see celebrities whinge about each other I'll go on Google News

Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    ... except for linked in .... AND edugeek

Seriously though. Well done. It's the right move for you.
    Of course EduGeek I thought EduGeek was slightly different though I wouldn't class it as a social network, plus EduGeek doesn't mine and use my data and it also doesn't affect me and the girlfriend. EduGeek for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by hardtailstar View Post
    unfortunately im only still on it to see pictures of family around the country, if that wasn't the case id be deleting my account straight away!

Not that seeing pictures of family is a bad thing.
    To be honest I got sick of the whole thing even seeing pictures of my family, at the moment me and my mum are really struggling due to a recent divorce and all my aunties and the rest of the family seem to do is post how much money they're spending. My cousins fiancé has just bought himself a brand new golf, it's more so bragging rights than anything and it puts you down... there are loads of other reasons of course why I left but this isn't the place to discuss those matters

Thank Post
    I ditched mine back in October and I feel so good for it. Now if I have a free five minutes I'll look at EduGeek and actually learn something!

Thank Post
    Of course EduGeek I thought EduGeek was slightly different though I wouldn't class it as a social network, plus EduGeek doesn't mine and use my data and it also doesn't affect me and the girlfriend. EduGeek for the win!
    Edugeek does have to count as social networking... you are in denial like the rest of us

My kids on the subject of edugeek a few years back:
    "So you're going to meet a bunch of blokes in a bar in Reading that you've met on the internet and you don't even know some of their real names.... and you're a CEOP Ambassador"

Ummm... yep... Do as I say not as I do! I had met some of them at BETT before

9. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

Bompalompalomp (4th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,150 Times in 1,469 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I never got on well with Twitter either, if I want to see celebrities whinge about each other I'll go on Google News
    The only "celebrity" I have on Twitter is Tara Strong... and she's crazy awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Edugeek does have to count as social networking... you are in denial like the rest of us
    No, shush.

I don't want Edugeek getting filtered for "Social Networking".
    Last edited by X-13; 3rd July 2014 at 11:03 AM.

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 914 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Made the leap, I am officially off FaceBook, they don't make it easy though. When you try to delete your account all it does is de-activate the thing so that you can always login again and re-activate your account!...
    This thread has a link to webpages that in turn will link you to another page where you can get guidance when trying to delete user accounts in Facebook, Hotmail,...

Link: Help With Deleting Unused Online Accounts [Facebook, Hotmail Etc] AccountKiller.COM

Thank Post
    To be honest I got sick of the whole thing even seeing pictures of my family, at the moment me and my mum are really struggling due to a recent divorce and all my aunties and the rest of the family seem to do is post how much money they're spending. My cousins fiancé has just bought himself a brand new golf, it's more so bragging rights than anything and it puts you down... there are loads of other reasons of course why I left but this isn't the place to discuss those matters
    I suppose im lucky in the fact my family only post photos of their children at those life moments like first day of school, or awards etc

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    This thread has a link to webpages that in turn will link you to another page where you can get guidance when trying to delete user accounts in Facebook, Hotmail,...

Link: Help With Deleting Unused Online Accounts [Facebook, Hotmail Etc] AccountKiller.COM

@DaveP if you want to post that in the eSafety forum, I will sticky it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You're doing it wrong then... You don't have to follow celebs. I mainly follow specific companies, news sites and science projects. Plus a few more "sane" celebs, like Robert Llewellyn and Simon Pegg.

To be fair, Google Plus is pretty good for the things I want to see too - science and tech news and the like.

Thank Post
    You're doing it wrong then... You don't have to follow celebs. I mainly follow specific companies, news sites and science projects. Plus a few more "sane" celebs, like Robert Llewellyn and Simon Pegg.

To be fair, Google Plus is pretty good for the things I want to see too - science and tech news and the like.
    i think my main uses for twitter is folowing various race drivers/"interesting people" complaining at companies for shoddy service etc and entering @Midnights hashtag wars competition lol. I use facebook for people i actually know and twitter for random junk

Thank Post

Ah I do have to confess I use Google+, not actively check it every week more like a monthly thing but I am on there! This was only because it was incorporated into YouTube and Gmail! The link that @DaveP has provided would have been very useful !!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast