+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
General Chat Thread, How to be insufferable on Facebook in General; Originally Posted by Garacesh Far be it from me to judge anybodies beliefs (though, realistically, as a human being, I ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,186 Times in 1,492 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    Far be it from me to judge anybodies beliefs (though, realistically, as a human being, I judge everything by nature..).. WAT. I can understand (if not condone) religious beliefs but to believe one is "not human" either in part or entirely.. The mind boggles.
    Not THAT strange actually... Think spirit-animals and Buddist[?] reincarnation. [Or Animal Affinity from D&D]

But in this case... Pluto. Yes, the used-to-be-a-planet Pluto. Yes, this allegedly real. [Could be a poe.]

Don't make an account... Check out r/TumblrInAction. Better than getting death threats.

Le EDIT: Totally misread that... Yes, it's silly.

The only equivalent to believing you're an animal I can think of, would be [animal]-style martial arts presented in a hollywood-esque manner. [Watch the crane... BE the crane.]
    Last edited by X-13; 30th June 2014 at 03:19 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Not THAT strange actually... Think spirit-animals and Buddist[?] reincarnation. [Or Animal Affinity from D&D]

- snip -

Don't make an account... Check out r/TumblrInAction. Better than getting death threats.
    But death threats are the best part!

Ah, but don't Buddhist reincarnations believe they were once animal but are now human? Even if they try to learn something from their 'previous incarnation(s)', i.e. Strength from being a Lion, Agility from being a.. Mountain goat.. (I dunno how it works too much) They still 'are human' right now. Maybe until their next life, where they might be an owl. Or a tree with an owl in it. Who knows? But they don't consider themselves half-and-half, do they?

Eh, I guess if vampirism sanguinarianism can be a thing, this isn't really too much of a stretch either.
    Last edited by Garacesh; 30th June 2014 at 03:20 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,186 Times in 1,492 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    But death threats are the best part!

Ah, but don't Buddhist reincarnations believe they were once animal but are now human? Even if they try to learn something from their 'previous incarnation(s)', i.e. Strength from being a Lion, Agility from being a.. Mountain goat.. (I dunno how it works too much) They still 'are human' right now. Maybe until their next life, where they might be an owl. Or a tree with an owl in it. Who knows? But they don't consider themselves half-and-half, do they?

Eh, I guess if vamirism sanguinarianism can be a thing, this isn't really too much of a stretch either.
    I always spell Buddhist wrong...

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The animal spirit thing has actually been around long before Tumblr. It was known as Therianthropy (shortened to Therians) who believed they were animal spirits in a human body. Therians were actually pretty benign and harmless as an Internet group aside from the occasional troll attacks, then edgy Tumblr 13-year-olds came along, tagged them as Otherkin and dragged the group into the mud.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    That wasn't directed to anyone here. What @sonofsanta said just reminded me of something that annoys me.

The "I'm on a diet, so you can't talk about food" style of posts.
    Or the Tumblr SJW rants that generalise on both sides and do nothing other than thought/language police and wind people up [on both sides].

The baby thing, for example... While it makes you uncomfortable, and people should be a bit mindful, you can't expect others to not talk about their life because of your feelings. [Not saying you expect that, it's a general you.]
    No, indeed, and for the large part the problem is less the 'Oh look at the fruit of my loins' than how it affects me, which is entirely my 'fault' as it were. But I reserve the right as an individual to be annoyed by this appearing in my Facebook feed and I reserve the right to be hurt by the constant knife in the back. I'm thrilled for my friends that they are succeeding in achieving their life goals, I just find it painful to look at. A lot of the issue is not WHAT but HOW. I have plenty of people on my feed that post about their children and events in their life and these don't bother me as much as the in-your-face-drama-llama who gives all and sundry a blow-by-blow account of everything from her digestive transit issues to that time the foetus got hiccups. Assuming your whole audience is enraptured by you and your progeny is as obnoxious on Facebook as it would be in the middle of a Supermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    THIS^ annoys me more than anything. Why don't I just see everything that my friends post? Why does some of it never appear?
    I know, right? How come I get the boring guff about how ickle widdlekins managed to get mashed rusk in her hair but not the fact that [Friend] quit their job and is working as a Rollercoaster Guinea Pig in Florida now?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    You gotta change it to Most Recent instead of Top stories!

7. Thanks to Joanne from:

Garacesh (30th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    The animal spirit thing has actually been around long before Tumblr. It was known as Therianthropy (shortened to Therians) who believed they were animal spirits in a human body. Therians were actually pretty benign and harmless as an Internet group aside from the occasional troll attacks, then edgy Tumblr 13-year-olds came along, tagged them as Otherkin and dragged the group into the mud.
    I think they just co-opted it as another way of winning the race to be the most special person on Tumblr. That's why you end up with people who claim to have the spirits of the Columbine killers in their head, or members of the WW2 era Nazi party, or people who position themselves as "MtF Transgender Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminists" (yes you did read that right). I think most of the people on Tumblr are just massive attention seekers whose RL friends (if they had any to start with) have gotten wise to their attention-seeking techniques, so they go online and invent more outrageous and outlandish ones.

Edit: If you, like me, find these sorts of people fascinating, the @TumblrTXT twitter is an extremely good follow https://twitter.com/TumblrTXT
    Last edited by Sdrawkcab; 30th June 2014 at 04:20 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab View Post
    Edit: If you, like me, find these sorts of people fascinating, the @TumblrTXT twitter is an extremely good follow https://twitter.com/TumblrTXT
    WHAT HAVE I JUST READ?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    worst. cat. photoshop. evah.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 821 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    WHAT HAVE I JUST READ?
    I don't know but that might just be the first time that innocent old me has seen something on the Interweb that has left me truly shocked and bewildered. I think I know need to go and seek some therapy...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    I think it was done on paint rather than photoshop!

Thank Post
    Sorry. Can't respond to this blatant trolling attempt. Brain still stuck on 'My friend is a vampire who doesn't eat normal food so doesn't have an anus' and how talking about excretion is 'triggering' for him and how people mentioning excretion is 'ableism'. I mean WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. F.... *headdesk*

How to be insufferable on Facebook-farnsworth-planet-saying.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for freedom of expression and all that but how does that even work? It's not physically possible for any living organism of any description not to excrete in some form or other and don't start on the whole 'undead' thing because regardless of whether you consider yourself alive or dead, if you eat ANYTHING it takes up space in the body. Therefore you CANNOT continue to eat without excreting in some capacity otherwise you would literally be too full to eat after you'd consumed X volume of Y food.
    Last edited by AMLightfoot; 30th June 2014 at 05:03 PM.

14. Thanks to AMLightfoot from:

Garacesh (30th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Y'know, I wouldn't doubt that for a second. That sounds about right to how most small-circle beliefs go.. They keep themselves to themselves until trolls or trying-too-hard children want to proclaim they're half-dragon and it all descends into ridicule.

Assuming your whole audience is enraptured by you and your progeny is as obnoxious on Facebook as it would be in the middle of a Supermarket.
    You bet you're ass I'm using this one next time someone won't stop harking on about their kids.. Ohh yes.

You gotta change it to Most Recent instead of Top stories!
    Social Fixer addon to Google Chrome does that for me. I'm lazy like that.

Thank Post
    Sorry. Can't respond to this blatant trolling attempt. Brain still stuck on 'My friend is a vampire who doesn't eat normal food so doesn't have an anus' and how talking about excretion is 'triggering' for him and how people mentioning excretion is 'ableism'. I mean WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. F.... *headdesk*
    You're only scratching the surface. Wait until you get to the white-hating transethnic people - literally Caucasians who believe they are spiritually African or w/e.

Here is my favourite piece of I'm-So-Special Tumblrism to date

- - - Updated - - -

You're only scratching the surface. Wait until you get to the white-hating transethnic people - literally Caucasians who believe they are spiritually African or w/e.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab View Post

- - - Updated - - -

LOL really? Aside from the eye-hurting theme of the page I thought it was at least coherent. Although claiming that being encouraged to resign because she growled at customers like her werekin self was discriminatory and oppressive is beyond special snowflake. What really frightens me about that feed is the level of terrifying hatred and incoherent ranting about gender oppression. It's so hypocritical.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast