+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, How to be insufferable on Facebook in General; Originally Posted by sonofsanta Sorry if I caused any upset by wading in where I wasn't welcome on a public ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,002 Times in 1,376 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    Sorry if I caused any upset by wading in where I wasn't welcome on a public internet forum, of all places. Mea culpa.
    ...And this is one of the things that annoy me on social media.

Random people telling you not to talk about things because of their feelings.

In fact, not even their feelings. The feelings of a person who may or may not actually care.

Thank Post
    I don't really know why I'm on FaceBook at all I hardly ever use it unless I'm scrolling through my news feed to look at funny meme's and Vine Videos!! Apart from that it never gets used, I have just recently deleted 500 friends off FaceBook because half of them I don't talk to and they're all from school etc and most of them are all a**holes! Now I just have close friends, family and the Girlfriend on there.I would completely get rid of it but my girlfriend doesn't have signal where she lives and we use the Wi-Fi via FaceBook messenger to talk! I get ski and tired of seeing sick children or dieing soldiers saying 1like = a paryer BULLSH*T does it! Yes it's a shame and I feel sorry for those that do suffer but I don't want to go on FaceBook to see these vile things all of the time they just get corney and boring at the end of the day they where uploaded probably by someone who doesn't know the child in question and just wants to gain likes - yes there are people that sad!Anyway rant over!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I click the arrow in the top right and select "I don't want to see this". Don't get crap like that any more. Huzzah. I'm really worried about myself on there because I've joined a group which is people at the gym... and I've agreed to go on a night out down manchester with many strangers! I will know 2 people out of about 15. YAY! Comfort Zone = breaked.

4. Thanks to Joanne from:

Garacesh (27th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    I click the arrow in the top right and select "I don't want to see this". Don't get crap like that any more. Huzzah. I'm really worries about myself on there because I've joined a group which is people at the gym... and I've agreed to go on a night out down manchester with many strangers! I will know 2 people out of about 15. YAY! Comfort Zone = breaked.
    And yet, your comfort zone is fine with the gym?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    And yet, your comfort zone is fine with the gym?
    Yeah I don't have to talk to anyone there. I have a personal trainer and I'm still weird about him stretching me... I end up laughing like a mad woman when he tries to crack my back. It is really dodgy though... like grabbing me and lifting me from behind... just seems wierd!! I keep telling myself he's just doing his job. Think I need to ask others if he does that to them!

Thank Post
    I want to join a gym. But noooooooooo. Way too far out of my comfort zone.
    I'll just go and comfort eat some pies and get even fatter ^_^

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    You just need to find the right gym I guess... one that is friendly and welcoming to n00bs rather than 'roid raging dumb bell lifters.

Thank Post
    Yeah, I probably do. But that means going to a gym in the first place :P
    Walking in and seeing all these buff as bulls guys and girls and I'm like.. "What're you doing here? You're done. Go home."

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    Walking in and seeing all these buff as bulls guys and girls and I'm like.. "What're you doing here? You're done. Go home."
    Bro, do you even lift?

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'd rather lift at home, when I get round to buying the kit...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    My gym isn't like that... but then I live in Burnley!!

It's taken me 2 months of hard work and diet changes to get to an almost acceptable for me body. You have to start somewhere. Once you've taken that first step though, you'll be glad you did.

Thank Post
    What's that attitude? No betas in my gym! Stride in there in a string vest and short shorts, throw a dumbell at the big guy on the bench then urinate in the corner - this is marking your territory and establishes you as the alpha male. The so called 'big guys' will stare open-mouthed at your superior manliness and alpha demeanour, and everyone will cower away as you adopt a wide stance and do curls in the squat rack. All natural stylee.

For bonus points, scream "light weight baby, light weight!" whilst swinging the dumbells in a jerking motion for 1/4 rom. Remember also to correct everyone (the bigger the better) on their form, exercise choice, diet, cardio and attire. Reserve your place by draping sweat-towels across gym equipment, and pile dumbells infront of you in the squat rack for curls. Theatrically swill protein shakes too in front of girls - all natural of course.

At this point a LOT of people will be admiring your superior manly genetics as you do your 23rd set of 1/4 rom curls. Then suddenly, you'll see someone doing squats - what's that?!?! Squats cause hemerrhoids!!! LEAP across the gym and WRENCH that bar off that lifter! Probably you'll twist or break their back but dayum son, saved them from hemerrhoids!! As they begin to howl and scream it's doubtless the presence of your Batman-like genetics and all-natural superhuman power so begin wailing and rending your vestments too, as the other inferior beta gym-goers surely will, and they will all screech and yelp at the presence of your awesome all-natural physique.

All natural bro.

EDIT - Actually my gym's chill. JUST about benching 100kg for 'fair' sets now, so go me.
    Last edited by Miscbrah; 27th June 2014 at 02:50 PM.

14. 7 Thanks to Miscbrah:

Badzeye (27th June 2014), Garacesh (27th June 2014), hardtailstar (27th June 2014), Joanne (27th June 2014), nephilim (28th June 2014), rich_tech (27th June 2014), SiliconAlley_Sam (27th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Bro, do you even lift?
    Have you really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I do have a set of 4KG weights at home, but that's it. I did used to own a rowing machine before it broke. I know I'd need an actual 'fitness regime' but doing it at home just feels.. Silly. But I'm too uncomfortable at the thought of going to a gym.

Thank Post
    I lift beer, enough for me.

17. Thanks to mole from:

Garacesh (27th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Bro, do you even lift?
    See strong username. Actually Misc and actually lift, unlike half the Misc!

Anyways, didn't we have a lifting thread a while back? Seem to remember there were a few of us...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast