+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
General Chat Thread, My new motor!! in General; Originally Posted by difinity Sorry, I misread. I have a spare stereo cowl in my car cupboard at home. I'll ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by difinity View Post
    Sorry, I misread. I have a spare stereo cowl in my car cupboard at home. I'll double check but i think it's still in the wrapping. You can have for postage cost.

I love the Focus, here's mine.
    Attachment 25231
    Appearing dumb by probably stating the obvious but will ask anyway, ex police car I take it? Nice

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    Appearing dumb by probably stating the obvious but will ask anyway, ex police car I take it? Nice
    OR someone swapped bumpers lol

3. Thanks to cpjitservices from:

Fleetwood (24th June 2014)

Thank Post
    It is an ex police car, no sirens or lights unfortunately, but it does have 4 pages of history and unsurprisingly i don't get tailgaters any more.
    And it's been remapped.

5. 2 Thanks to difinity:

cpjitservices (24th June 2014), Fleetwood (24th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjitservices View Post
    That looks the ticket, I've got the radio out at the moment... just a gaping hole lol. Looks like I have an extra cable though. I'll take a photo at lunch time.
    i suspect the extra cable is for the stalk controls I think they almost always have the wiring there you just need the stalk and a new lower steering column shroud (or Stanley knife the current one) and the stalk should work on the std radio

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    i suspect the extra cable is for the stalk controls I think they almost always have the wiring there you just need the stalk and a new lower steering column shroud (or Stanley knife the current one) and the stalk should work on the std radio
    Right I'll investigate that one, not to fussed about stalk controls.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 760 Posts
    @cpjitservices:

Nice one bro!

Its just what all good family men require!.................Space!!

Good on ya

9. Thanks to bossman from:

cpjitservices (24th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Right I'll investigate that one, not to fussed about stalk controls.
    meh i thought that till i had them now i wouldnt be without same as i dont wont to be without the user adjustable speed limiter my current car has its great seldom need to look at speeds just set limit to speed limit and ignore

11. Thanks to sted from:

cpjitservices (24th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    Meh. Not always looked after swell as someone who has paid for their car, the car is free to people who have disabilities but just because they have to have it serviced every year doesn't mean it's well looked after in fact it's normally quite the opposite, the person in question didn't buy the car, they don't own the car and will eventually get given a new free car so why bother looking after it. My girlfriends mum had a car on motability and I don't envy the person who bought it afterwards, it was smoked in driven like a looney bin and had more knocks and crashes than I can remember she never used to care as it was the government who paid out to get it fixed, the thing was an 08 Zafira, when it left her home it looked like a car in stunning condition although you never know how hard it's been driven and that thing will have a lot of issues. I would rather buy a car of someone who has paid for it and loved it rather than someone who got it free and used it like a trash can. Just my opinion though it depends on the owner who had it last.
    @cpjitservices how much was the car? My girlfriend bought her 03 play Corsa from a car auction in Telford was in perfect condition only has 28,000 miles on the clock and full service history it cost her £1,300, the problem being the dealer wants a cut in the sale price of the car and you may have been a little done. I will always go private sale or auction for my cars as long as you know what you're looking out for you'll always come away with a good buy!

[FONT=Verdana]
    £50 per week that is given to them for free by the government? It is very cheap for insurance, tax, mot, servicing, breakdown cover and they fix it if you damage it, they also come out and give the car a clean if you're a declared smoker every month. Oh and just for the record my car wasn't brand new it was 2 years old when I bought it and it costs me £60 per week with the addition of insurance, tax and everything else delightful on top of that so yes £50 is very cheap for a brand new car and all you need to do is fuel it!
    I didn't say it wasn't cheap ffs I said it's NOT free.

Yes it's benefit money but I'm pretty sure most of the claimants would rather have their health than benefit money.

It's over £50 per week and it's costing them around £7800 over 3 years for a car you never own, it's hardly a bargain when it's your money in the first place is it

Thank Post
    Heres the connections on the rear of the radio I have in now... If I get a new stereo I need to connect into the plugs for this connection into what ever the stereo has on the back ?

My new motor!!-20140625_081453.jpg

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananas View Post
    I didn't say it wasn't cheap ffs I said it's NOT free.

Yes it's benefit money but I'm pretty sure most of the claimants would rather have their health than benefit money.

It's over £50 per week and it's costing them around £7800 over 3 years for a car you never own, it's hardly a bargain when it's your money in the first place is it
    1. It is cheap, I know people that pay a lot more on car lease than that and have to pay everything else on top
    2. It's free anyway you look at it, you didn't work for your money regardless of whether you're disabled or not, the government is giving you free money in return for no work, therefore whatever you buy with that money was fully subsidised by the council.
    3. Why are you winging and getting all stressed over my comment, open your eyes it's the truth and actually I think the system does a good job of looking after the disabled and elderly, but don't try to make out it was their money in the first place because none of it is, they haven't worked for it in return so therefore you could very easily and justify saying it's free cash for them each month.

I would also like to point out at first you said "I didn't say it wasn't cheap ffs I said it's NOT free" and then you say "It's hardly a bargain" so what are you saying. You're not making any sense contradicting yourself.

Thank Post
    Heres the connections on the rear of the radio I have in now... If I get a new stereo I need to connect into the plugs for this connection into what ever the stereo has on the back ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140625_081453.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	601.8 KB 
ID:	25246
    right iirc what you need is the following (in the order i found them)

CTKFD19 Ford Fiesta/Mondeo/Focus/Puma Radio Installation Kit | Car Audio Direct (there is a silver version if your interior is silver also a 2 din version if you want a bigger radio

16. Thanks to sted from:

cpjitservices (25th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    right iirc what you need is the following (in the order i found them)

CTKFD19 Ford Fiesta/Mondeo/Focus/Puma Radio Installation Kit | Car Audio Direct (there is a silver version if your interior is silver also a 2 din version if you want a bigger radio
    Thanks @sted.... Does this look to be the same thing ?

Ford Focus Fascia Trim Fitting Facia audio Kit Radio | eBay

Thank Post
    Thanks @sted.... Does this look to be the same thing ?

Ford Focus Fascia Trim Fitting Facia audio Kit Radio | eBay
    looks it to me

Thank Post
    My new motor!!-stereocubby.jpg

Here you go

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234