+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Payment... Everything cost a little bit in General; So I'm curious, what do you do when a client doesn't pay? It's purely curiosity, any funny experiences?? As tempting ...
    Thank Post

Payment... Everything cost a little bit

So I'm curious, what do you do when a client doesn't pay? It's purely curiosity, any funny experiences??

As tempting as it may be I dont think CKY's "I kick you if you don't pay the bill..." is quite applicable

Thank Post
    I'm lucky enough that during my time self employed I had that issue only once and as I was registered as a sole trader I think it was eventually offset against tax as unrecoverable debt. That or I lost the £80, but as it was only £80 I didn't worry about it too much. Other than that, I've been lucky that business always came from word of mouth and the larger jobs were part paid up front or for people who came with a good reputation. I also had a clause on my quotes which said something along the lines of no materials provided would be owned by the buyer until the invoice had been paid in full, which protected me against anyone ordering expensive hardware (or services such as websites) and then not paying. As you'd just take the hardware back or the website down (as a last resort obviously). I never had to use it though.

Thank Post
    Anything I have done has been pay up on delivery or before I leave the job. Only had 1 instance of waiting weeks for a cheque for a job.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread