+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, FPV Spanky Maiden in General; @ plexer That's a good question about the 4-in-1's, I have never used them, they seem a great idea as ...

Thank Post
    @plexer
    That's a good question about the 4-in-1's, I have never used them, they seem a great idea as you save extra wires and some weight. My fear would be if one ESC starts to go wrong, if you can buy the bits to replace the individual parts then its the smart idea but if you have to buy a hole new 4-in-1 then its not worth that.

Those Emax 12Amp ESC's seem great and an excellent price to boot, grab yourself at least one spare (just incase).

I use the MiniAfro 12Amp ESC's with the same SimonK firmware.
    Radio Control Planes, Helicopters, Cars, Boats, FPV and Quadcopters - Hobbyking

I see they do ultra lite versions now as well

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,650 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Radio Control Planes, Helicopters, Cars, Boats, FPV and Quadcopters - Hobbyking is the current link for ultra light afro esc shame they don't stock so many in the UK warehouse.

Banggood is good as you get free shipping but last escs I got from there were rubbish so I got from another supplier.

The 4in1 you can change the power board and esc boards but it depends on if you can actually get them as individuals allthough for that price just get another 4in1 to use as spares.

Going to get a fllip 32 bit controller for this new quad.

The Flip32 (V2.1_Rev5.) - Flight Controllers

Ben

Thank Post
    Although I'm not convinced about the emax esc's as they claim to be improved simonk code but appear to be running on silabs chips which are not simonk compatible that would be bheli.

hmmmm.

Ben

Thank Post
    I got one of these for my Birthday a few weeks ago.. http://www.amazon.co.uk/SpaceCraft-4.../dp/B009S32P6W been playing in the garden when it's not too windy. Think I need to put the L plates on again!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    Radio Control Planes, Helicopters, Cars, Boats, FPV and Quadcopters - Hobbyking is the current link for ultra light afro esc shame they don't stock so many in the UK warehouse.

Banggood is good as you get free shipping but last escs I got from there were rubbish so I got from another supplier.

The 4in1 you can change the power board and esc boards but it depends on if you can actually get them as individuals allthough for that price just get another 4in1 to use as spares.

Going to get a fllip 32 bit controller for this new quad.

The Flip32 (V2.1_Rev5.) - Flight Controllers

Ben
    Ah quality can be an issue from these wholesalers but hopefully Banggood sorted you out a replacement or refund? vgood idea about getting a spare 4-in-1 as I also can't seem to find the parts separately available to replace the broken parts.

I am using an Acro Naze32 flight controller, the Flip uses the same firmware and software, 'Baseflight' (multiwii 2.3), both boards do the same job a Openpilot CC3D does (but with refiner code than openpilot) but for £20 instead of £80-£90. Excellent choice

Quote Originally Posted by eyetea View Post
    I got one of these for my Birthday a few weeks ago.. New SYMA X1 SpaceCraft 4CH 2.4G 4-axis 360°„ 3D LCD Gyro RC Helicopter Quad copter: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games been playing in the garden when it's not too windy. Think I need to put the L plates on again!
    That's a great way to learn and seems a very capable lil'quad you have there, plenty of spares and mods to be done when you want to have more fun at a later stage as well.

Thank Post
    Will be buying some more batts from banggood, noticed they have earn $3 by referring a friend - either of you want to?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eyetea View Post
    Will be buying some more batts from banggood, noticed they have earn $3 by referring a friend - either of you want to?
    Count me in, thanks. PM me the link to the product you want and your email address and I will get that done now

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1a View Post
    Count me in, thanks. PM me the link to the product you want and your email address and I will get that done now
    PM sent!

9. Thanks to eyetea from:

JAB1a (9th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Fibreglass version even cheaper as you'd expect £12 H250 ZMR250 250mm Fiberglass Mini Quadcopter Multicopter Frame Kit -

Ben

Thank Post
    Slightly on topic still.. Ordered charger + spare batts for my Syma X1, got the charger, batts + power lead in separate order though so not arrived! Roll on uninterrupted flying! Well recommend the X1 for a starter - It seems to be able to take a beating!

Thank Post
    @plexer the price of that frame is excellent, for the price of a Spanky you could get 5 of these frames, use one and have a ton of spares.
    @eyetea That's great news, you will be flying like a pro soon, it takes a while for muscle memory to kick in so just keep at it and keep us posted

Thank Post
    Oh my carbond fibre version has been collected from the Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre

Ben

14. Thanks to plexer from:

JAB1a (18th July 2014)

Thank Post
    If anyone needs any 1400mah batteries from hobbyking here's my buddy code:

or replacement batteries for a Hubsan:

Ben

Thank Post
    That's Murphy's law @plexer I had hit purchase on two of those on the Thursday evening. They will be used as my mid performance battery between the 1300mAh 45-90C Nano-tech and the 1500mAh 30C Zippy Compact. They seem an excellent LiPo and plenty of bang for the buck.

I did some flights with my big quad using the 1300mAh Lipo lastnight, as they are so light and punchy the performance of the quad was eye drying...I.e it was going so fast round the place I didn't have time to blink lol but my flight time was down to about 3mins

Thank Post
    lol typical nevermind my hobbyking order has been packed and should be shipping today, still waiting for my motors etc... to be processed

I'm going to use the multiwii pro fc from my big quad for now.

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast