+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Junior Technician Pay Scale? in General; I am looking at the possibility of getting a Junior Technician (probably wont happen) and I have been asked to ...

Thank Post

Junior Technician Pay Scale?

I am looking at the possibility of getting a Junior Technician (probably wont happen) and I have been asked to find out from other schools what pay scale they put their Junior IT technicians on. It has to be based on the APT&C grades.

Is there anyone on here, preferably in London, who can give me an indication of what pay scale I should be looking at?

Thank Post
    Get that lad who was working for £12k. Bung him another £500 and I think you've got a bargain!

3. Thanks to Disaster from:

fiza (16th June 2014)

Thank Post
    i was on 13k as a jr tech

5. Thanks to bushby from:

fiza (16th June 2014)

Thank Post
    I've been told I need to make sure its been graded against APT&C grades. Its paperwork exercise at the moment to see if I can get authority.

Thank Post
    Depends how gittish the school wants to be. Fresh school/sixthform leavers: round here the trend tends to be to scoop them up on an apprenticeship and pay them next to sod all whenever possible. Fresh from Uni, or as a junior with some work experience WAS attracting £13.5-15k. Whether it still does now that the apprenticeship blag has become more popular I don't know.

Thank Post
    I'm on over just 12k a year as a junior techie, but I started as an apprentice after Year 12 on £100 a month. I would advise looking at an apprentice, because you can hire them for nothing and you don't have to give them a full time job after the apprenticeship, and your also helping someone who likes computers etc, learn more and help them start there career off

You may think that an apprentice will cause more hassle than they are worth, when I started I didn't know much but withing a term I was shipped off to the feeder primary schools half a day a week and was in charge of looking after them all by myself.

(Just to clarify not because I was rubbish at my job or anything, but that was my actual job description when I started)
    Last edited by scotyboy56; 18th June 2014 at 11:33 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    Get that lad who was working for £12k. Bung him another £500 and I think you've got a bargain!
    WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA! He'd also have to pay my fuel bill to travel down to London!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scotyboy56 View Post
    I'm on over just 12k a year as a junior techie, but I started as an apprentice after Year 12 on £100 a month. I would advise looking at an apprentice, because you can hire them for nothing and you don't have to give them a full time job after the apprenticeship, and your also helping someone who likes computers etc, learn more and help them start there career off

You may think that an apprentice will cause more hassle than they are worth, when I started I didn't know much but withing a term I was shipped off to the feeder primary schools half a day a week and was in charge of looking after them all by myself.

(Just to clarify not because I was rubbish at my job or anything, but that was my actual job description when I started)
    We already have an apprentice. It is the apprentice that we would like to keep on after he finishes. If we just go for another apprentice then we have to start again from scratch. We have this one moulded exactly how we want. He knows exactly how I like my coffee!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    We already have an apprentice. It is the apprentice that we would like to keep on after he finishes. If we just go for another apprentice then we have to start again from scratch. We have this one moulded exactly how we want. He knows exactly how I like my coffee!!

Yay glad to see someone wanting to keep there apprentice on I'm in my first year on a permanent contract and im on around 12k a year. That's as much as I can tell you from memory, if you want me to find out more about my salary and what payscale im on just pm me
    Unfortunately I'm not allowed to make the tea or coffee in the office as for some reason I'm superbly bad at it

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread