+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
General Chat Thread, Junior Technician Pay Scale? in General; I am looking at the possibility of getting a Junior Technician (probably wont happen) and I have been asked to ...
  1. #1

    fiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,121
    Thank Post
    413
    Thanked 313 Times in 264 Posts
    Rep Power
    152

    Junior Technician Pay Scale?

    I am looking at the possibility of getting a Junior Technician (probably wont happen) and I have been asked to find out from other schools what pay scale they put their Junior IT technicians on. It has to be based on the APT&C grades.

    Is there anyone on here, preferably in London, who can give me an indication of what pay scale I should be looking at?

  2. #2
    Disaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    1, England
    Posts
    509
    Thank Post
    42
    Thanked 84 Times in 53 Posts
    Rep Power
    56
    Get that lad who was working for 12k. Bung him another 500 and I think you've got a bargain!

  3. Thanks to Disaster from:

    fiza (16th June 2014)

  4. #3
    bushby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    winchester
    Posts
    529
    Thank Post
    59
    Thanked 61 Times in 53 Posts
    Rep Power
    30
    i was on 13k as a jr tech

  5. Thanks to bushby from:

    fiza (16th June 2014)

  6. #4

    fiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,121
    Thank Post
    413
    Thanked 313 Times in 264 Posts
    Rep Power
    152
    I've been told I need to make sure its been graded against APT&C grades. Its paperwork exercise at the moment to see if I can get authority.

  7. #5
    Marci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    893
    Thank Post
    84
    Thanked 235 Times in 194 Posts
    Rep Power
    82
    Depends how gittish the school wants to be. Fresh school/sixthform leavers: round here the trend tends to be to scoop them up on an apprenticeship and pay them next to sod all whenever possible. Fresh from Uni, or as a junior with some work experience WAS attracting 13.5-15k. Whether it still does now that the apprenticeship blag has become more popular I don't know.

  8. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Highley
    Posts
    93
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    7
    I'm on over just 12k a year as a junior techie, but I started as an apprentice after Year 12 on 100 a month. I would advise looking at an apprentice, because you can hire them for nothing and you don't have to give them a full time job after the apprenticeship, and your also helping someone who likes computers etc, learn more and help them start there career off

    You may think that an apprentice will cause more hassle than they are worth, when I started I didn't know much but withing a term I was shipped off to the feeder primary schools half a day a week and was in charge of looking after them all by myself.

    (Just to clarify not because I was rubbish at my job or anything, but that was my actual job description when I started)
    Last edited by scotyboy56; 18th June 2014 at 11:33 AM.

  9. #7

    abillybob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    2,526
    Thank Post
    224
    Thanked 315 Times in 231 Posts
    Rep Power
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    Get that lad who was working for 12k. Bung him another 500 and I think you've got a bargain!
    WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA! He'd also have to pay my fuel bill to travel down to London!

  10. #8

    fiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,121
    Thank Post
    413
    Thanked 313 Times in 264 Posts
    Rep Power
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by scotyboy56 View Post
    I'm on over just 12k a year as a junior techie, but I started as an apprentice after Year 12 on 100 a month. I would advise looking at an apprentice, because you can hire them for nothing and you don't have to give them a full time job after the apprenticeship, and your also helping someone who likes computers etc, learn more and help them start there career off

    You may think that an apprentice will cause more hassle than they are worth, when I started I didn't know much but withing a term I was shipped off to the feeder primary schools half a day a week and was in charge of looking after them all by myself.

    (Just to clarify not because I was rubbish at my job or anything, but that was my actual job description when I started)
    We already have an apprentice. It is the apprentice that we would like to keep on after he finishes. If we just go for another apprentice then we have to start again from scratch. We have this one moulded exactly how we want. He knows exactly how I like my coffee!!

  11. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Highley
    Posts
    93
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    We already have an apprentice. It is the apprentice that we would like to keep on after he finishes. If we just go for another apprentice then we have to start again from scratch. We have this one moulded exactly how we want. He knows exactly how I like my coffee!!

    Yay glad to see someone wanting to keep there apprentice on I'm in my first year on a permanent contract and im on around 12k a year. That's as much as I can tell you from memory, if you want me to find out more about my salary and what payscale im on just pm me
    Unfortunately I'm not allowed to make the tea or coffee in the office as for some reason I'm superbly bad at it

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th August 2008, 06:29 PM
  2. Media/Web technician role - pay scale/duties advice needed
    By BigDave in forum Educational IT Jobs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28th September 2007, 10:09 AM
  3. Question about pay scales and Single Status
    By tosca925 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15th August 2007, 05:32 PM
  4. Recruiting Junior Technician - Newport (south Wales)
    By ANiceEnglishman in forum Educational IT Jobs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11th September 2006, 01:56 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •