+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Looking for Help! in General; Hello Edugeekers, This is a bit of a bizarre (I prefer "out of the box") request so please bear with ...
    Thank Post

Looking for Help!

Hello Edugeekers,

This is a bit of a bizarre (I prefer "out of the box") request so please bear with me! I promise that, at some stage, I will get to the point!

I mentioned in a previous post that we have been interviewing for new telesales staff/account managers. We have very successfully kicked off the interviewing process and met some great candidates who have made it through to the next round... the TRIAL DAY.

Now, myself and the big cheese have been discussing how best to test the chosen few. We considered investing in a prospect database (which may form part of the plan), giving them something cracking to sell and setting them loose. Then we thought about every previous database we've invested in and just how messy they are to begin with and how much fine tuning, cleansing and tweaking they require and took pity on our potential fledglings.

Then I had the idea. An idea so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel. Maybe.

So basically, what I'm looking for is a number of Edugeekers who would be willing to give us some contact details to include in a list we will be giving to our potential new recruits (minions) who will be asked to call you and try their best to win you over/sell you something you don't have but desperately need. This means that our fledglings will have not only someone a little bit "warmer" (if you'll forgive the sales jargon) to call and also gives us the potential of getting some feedback from you guys on how you think they performed. At the end of the day, we want people on the phones and on the end of the phone that you lot are happy to call and have a natter with. If you think they have the charisma of a damp napkin, it really isn't a great start.

So now I've (sort of) got to the point. Do we have any volunteers?

Thank Post
    Do we actually have to buy, or will they just pitch their products?

Thank Post
    Absolutely no obligation to buy whatsoever.

It will be a genuine sales call in terms of whatever we decide to give them to work with will be a genuine offer but by volunteering to be on their list of people to call you won't be committing to anything apart from potentially getting a call.

Thank Post
    Anyone at all?

May be willing to throw in a complimentary packet of biscuits for your trouble.

Thank Post
    Maybe contact current customers?

I'm one of them and I would be happy to help provide an ear and some feedback as I think you have provided me good service, pm me if you want.

But if I wasn't already a customer I would to be honest think your request on a forum like this to be a little out of place - imho

But maybe Im a bit of a fuddy duddy...?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread