+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
General Chat Thread, What gadget do you wish existed - serious answers only please! in General; Originally Posted by mac_shinobi I wouldn't mind something that was universal as far as connecting to the car with an ...

-28 31' 48.89", +28 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    I wouldn't mind something that was universal as far as connecting to the car with an LCD Screen so it would show similar info to what newer cars have ref how many more miles you can drive, typical miles per gallon that you would get depending on how you are driving ie how fast etc, outside temp, date / time and any other useful info
    One of these and a smartphone/tablet app. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Di...keywords=odbii

2. Thanks to creese from:

mac_shinobi (9th June 2014)

Thank Post
    A thing I thought of once was a manual whisk that you push down to whisk, similar to a What gadget do you wish existed - serious answers only please!-st09037i.jpg

Thank Post
    A small hand held seeder thingy-ma-whatsit ("Seed Saver"). I should be able to drop some (say) lettuce seeds into a hopper and then I should be able to dispense seeds in a controlled manner directly where I want them planted, either one at a time as I dip the device into the soil (a kind of syringe) or as I roll it across the soil like a pizza/pastry cutter and it controls the spacing.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    A thing I thought of once was a manual whisk that you push down to whisk, similar to a Click image for larger version. 

Name:	st09037i.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	24999
    It's been done, sadly http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...d_i=B00C226F9E

But that is just the sort of thing that she wants to hear about

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pcstru View Post
    A small hand held seeder thingy-ma-whatsit ("Seed Saver"). I should be able to drop some (say) lettuce seeds into a hopper and then I should be able to dispense seeds in a controlled manner directly where I want them planted, either one at a time as I dip the device into the soil (a kind of syringe) or as I roll it across the soil like a pizza/pastry cutter and it controls the spacing.
    Like this one? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garden-Dispe.../dp/B00CS0X9GW
    There are lots of others too

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    It's been done, sadly New Better Beat Push Button Rotation Whisk Frother: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

But that is just the sort of thing that she wants to hear about
    I'd better get one then... I'll think about more kitchen gadgets...

Thank Post
    Like this one? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garden-Dispe.../dp/B00CS0X9GW
    There are lots of others too
    Not really - they will run out of that (Imagine trying to use it for rocket seeds (small, round)) but it is more like the Magic Seeder - I want something that I either positively click to dispense a seed or clicks itself as a roll it across the soil and it plants nice neat rows for me. There should be no possibility of seeds just slipping out the end and being able to deal with very small seeds typical of salad plants would be the target (that magic seeder looks OK for larger seeds but would struggle with small ones).

9. Thanks to pcstru from:

witch (9th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 971 Posts
    One of these and a smartphone/tablet app. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Di...keywords=odbii
    I use iOS aka apple so do not have an android device , plus that wont show me Miles Per Gallon, how many miles I have left with the amount of fuel in the car etc etc

Thank Post
    plus that wont show me Miles Per Gallon, how many miles I have left with the amount of fuel in the car etc etc
    it does. I have one. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.prowl.torque
    Last edited by creese; 9th June 2014 at 12:45 PM.

12. Thanks to creese from:

mac_shinobi (9th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Something that tells me when my cakes are cooked but not over/undercooked in the middle, without having to open the oven door, risking collapse (the cake, not me).

Thank Post
    Something that tells me when my cakes are cooked but not over/undercooked in the middle, without having to open the oven door, risking collapse (the cake, not me).
    Should be OK if at least 3/4 cooked if you are careful. Obviously there are thermometers that will tell you the temperature in the middle of a cake- dunno if that would help?

Thank Post
    Should be OK if at least 3/4 cooked if you are careful. Obviously there are thermometers that will tell you the temperature in the middle of a cake- dunno if that would help?
    My customers don't get 3/4 cooked . The thermometer only tells you temperature, not how long at that temperature. If you do the cocktail stick test it should be moist but not stuck to the stick.

Thank Post
    I wouldn't mind something that was universal as far as connecting to the car with an LCD Screen so it would show similar info to what newer cars have ref how many more miles you can drive, typical miles per gallon that you would get depending on how you are driving ie how fast etc, outside temp, date / time and any other useful info

I've got a 2001 car and it doesnt show me this, also maybe could link it into the cars ECU to show any errors ie engine errors etc
    youd be surprised what you can get out of old cars. Old fords even before that if you have the digital odometer WILL show you loads of that sort of info if you know how to get to it as i believe will old vauxhalls but cant remember how iirc on fords hold down trip reset before you put the key in and keep it help down while starting the car and it goes into diag mode and shows mpg and all sorts. Another idea is there are garmins that have an attachment that shows all sorts of info as well but thats really no differenr from ios/androis apps and an obd2 bluetooth dongle

Thank Post
    Presume this is an android only thing or can you get an app from the app store on iOS Devices ?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    youd be surprised what you can get out of old cars. Old fords even before that if you have the digital odometer WILL show you loads of that sort of info if you know how to get to it as i believe will old vauxhalls but cant remember how iirc on fords hold down trip reset before you put the key in and keep it help down while starting the car and it goes into diag mode and shows mpg and all sorts. Another idea is there are garmins that have an attachment that shows all sorts of info as well but thats really no differenr from ios/androis apps and an obd2 bluetooth dongle
    no LCD Display in my car, only display in my car shows total miles the engine / car has done, two route trips A and B which tally up the miles you have done until you reset it and out side temp

No date or time and none of the other stuff

If I can get that ODB 2 jobby for 3 quid and a few quid for an app on my iOS phone ( apple iphone ) then may get and use that

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast