+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, What gadget do you wish existed - serious answers only please! in General; Possibly too complex, and I probably should have patented it... A RFID / GPS wristband for theme parks. Load with ...

Thank Post
    Possibly too complex, and I probably should have patented it...

A RFID / GPS wristband for theme parks.

Load with a child's identity, food credit, dietary restrictions, ride restrictions, and any other useful info. Set the child loose at the start of the day, and parents relax in the knowledge that the child can't leave the park without them, has no money to loose, and that they can track them at will from kiosks when they need to find them at going home time.

The exit gates are programmed only to allow egress of kids if they are with the correct parents. Wrist bands only removable by cutting which disables them. Used bands returned either at the gate, or by post for unused credit to be refunded.

2. 2 Thanks to Andrew_C:

Garacesh (9th June 2014), witch (9th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    A paint brush that has some kind of guard on. Make life easier when doing edges so not to touch the skirting boards etc.
    A little Robot similar to the window washer ones but to be used for painting walls and self cleans the brushes and the tubes inside so that if you want to use a different colour of paint or type of paint etc ie gloss etc that it doesnt get the paints mixed up ?

4. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

witch (9th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 991 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've often thought I should make this and make my millions, but I know I'll never get round to it.

A sticky speaker to attach to your TV remote and a sticky button to attach to your telly. Press the button and the remote will whistle/beep/whatever noise helps you locate it. Future development would obviously be to licence to the TV companies to be integrated, which would make the battery situation easier.

Could also do it with a simple RFID tag on the remote (so no power needed) and some sort of magic wand that you could wave around, that beeps when it gets close to a tag. No need to limit this to remotes either, of course; just a series of tags, and a magic wand device that is brightly coloured, is wall-mountable and whistles back when you whistle at it - cos of course, you need a way to find the magic wand (this is why a sticky button on the TV is the better option there, cos it's pretty difficult to lose a 42" flatscreen).

6. Thanks to sonofsanta from:

witch (9th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTDirect_Dave View Post
    Gonna come back to the remote kettle idea that was suggested (and implemented) some time ago on here. I want an app that can tell my kettle to start a boil before i get home, or before i get up of the sofa.
    A network kettle that has a web server on it so you can get to a web GUI to control it ie what time to boil or even access it via your mobile phone so you can get it to boil before you get home etc ??

Although may need to some how connect it to a water source so as to ensure it does not run out of water and maybe even have an in built water filter
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 9th June 2014 at 09:43 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,700 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Another thing I would like to see. Clips that can hold a switch into a rack so you don't have to hold it into position and screw it in at the same time.

9. 5 Thanks to FN-GM:

dhicks (9th June 2014), Garacesh (9th June 2014), MordyT (9th June 2014), SYNACK (9th June 2014), witch (9th June 2014)

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    A paint brush that has some kind of guard on. Make life easier when doing edges so not to touch the skirting boards etc.
    A certain amount of technology here FrogTape Painter

Or this Paint Pad Pro Bumper Pack - TV Discount Store

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    I've often thought I should make this and make my millions, but I know I'll never get round to it.

A sticky speaker to attach to your TV remote and a sticky button to attach to your telly. Press the button and the remote will whistle/beep/whatever noise helps you locate it. Future development would obviously be to licence to the TV companies to be integrated, which would make the battery situation easier.

Could also do it with a simple RFID tag on the remote (so no power needed) and some sort of magic wand that you could wave around, that beeps when it gets close to a tag. No need to limit this to remotes either, of course; just a series of tags, and a magic wand device that is brightly coloured, is wall-mountable and whistles back when you whistle at it - cos of course, you need a way to find the magic wand (this is why a sticky button on the TV is the better option there, cos it's pretty difficult to lose a 42" flatscreen).
    couldnt you just attach one of those whistling keyrings?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 991 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    couldnt you just attach one of those whistling keyrings?
    Are they a thing? I did not know they were a thing.

(I can't whistle though, so no bloomin' use to me.)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    A little Robot similar to the window washer ones but to be used for painting walls and self cleans the brushes and the tubes inside so that if you want to use a different colour of paint or type of paint etc ie gloss etc that it doesnt get the paints mixed up ?
    About halfway down the page.. Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Sounds good but an app isn't really something she is able to do - she needs to design and build something physical
    My thinking was that she'd have to design a functioning kettle with 3g/wifi capacity and some king of auto control system. The app could be done by anyone

15. Thanks to ICTDirect_Dave from:

witch (9th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    I was thinking something like this :

What gadget do you wish existed - serious answers only please!-window-washing-robot.jpg

Although it would need suction cups or some way of being attached to the ceiling, that or some way to allow it to move up and down or left and right ?

However this would only allow for flat surfaces as far as I know
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 9th June 2014 at 09:59 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    Are they a thing? I did not know they were a thing.

(I can't whistle though, so no bloomin' use to me.)
    how about a keyring that reacts when a mobile phone rings just ring your phone and it should light up as long as its close enough to the phone not sure on range but would probably work within a room

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    I was thinking something like this :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	window-washing-robot.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	24996

Although it would need suction cups or some way of being attached to the ceiling

However this would only allow for flat surfaces as far as I know
    I could imagine the damage this would do to some of the plaster on the houses I used to work on. I used to find painting therapeutic, no more though. So I'd go along with something like this.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTDirect_Dave View Post
    My thinking was that she'd have to design a functioning kettle with 3g/wifi capacity and some king of auto control system. The app could be done by anyone
    If it was accesable on the internet and had logon details to authenticate then only you could access and get it to boil or whatever ?

Then it is only a case of getting the mobile device whether a phone / tablet / laptop etc to access it regardless of being on 3G / WiFi etc
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 9th June 2014 at 10:08 AM.

Thank Post
    Bit basic but how about a suction handle for moving PC's around...

People buy anything IShiney related - screen magnifier, "Painting Easel" Stand, Underwater case etc

Its been done but quite expensive - low cost wireless temp monitor (server rooms, fridges etc).

21. Thanks to CamelMan from:

witch (9th June 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast