+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Sad loss of a teacher in Grimsby area in General; Not sure where to put this so here goes. There maybe people on here that have worked with or met ...

Thank Post

Sad loss of a teacher in Grimsby area

Not sure where to put this so here goes.

There maybe people on here that have worked with or met Derek, a true legend. He was a teacher of mine, a good friend a someone who lived up the road from me. A teacher who was on the same level as us (kids), who built and sold computers in school, who did those cheap CD's back in the day and someone who will be truly missed. Over the years he taught generations of the same families and is a name well known in Healing School (Grimsby), Derek is the one person who got me into IT and without him I don't think I would be where I am today.

I just wanted to share this on the community as I know there maybe one or two on here that will have dealings and may want to pay their last respects to him, details here.

I know IT staff do not always see to eye to eye with teachers but if you have met/dealt with Derek you would understand where I am coming from.

When I found out I thought it cannot be true and now I have thought about it I think it has sunk in, I owe a lot to you.

RIP Sir...

2. 5 Thanks to MatthewL:

Bompalompalomp (21st June 2014), ButterflyMoon (22nd June 2014), SiliconAlley_Sam (9th June 2014), stevenlong1985 (7th June 2014), TurnItOffAndOn (7th June 2014)

Thank Post
    I had the pleasure of going to the funeral today to pay my respects although it was sad to be there he got a good send off. The service was at the crematorium but was a none religious service (never experienced one before) but wow what a bloke. Thought I knew him well but bugger me, he had such a life with so much packed into it I can say I am proud to have known him and hats off to him for doing what he has.

Some very raw emotions at the moment between staff and ex students, the family did better than most of the people attending. Why am I posting this on here, I don't know him you might be saying.

Well, as an ex student and a good friend this is one bloke I have utter most respect for as do the hundreds of other students that will have had contact with him over the years. If it wasn't for him I would not be where I am like I said before but he wasn't your average teacher, infact he wasn't your average science teacher either, he was on your level, he understood you and engaged with you at your level, maybe the headteacher didn't like it but he got the results and it was one lesson you didn't miss, I think in my 5 years of been at school I saw him get mad once, just once!!

I feel sorry for those who have not had the pleasure of him, he was one in a million, I didn't see him as a teacher, he was a friend, someone who would always be there and do anything for you, he adapted and treated you as a person who ever you maybe.

If I am honest with you I have more emotion for him that when certain family members have passed because of the impact he had on my life and the many others.

And to have some rock music at the service made it clear he wasn't your ordinary person, he was unique and no one will ever replace him.

RIP

4. Thanks to MatthewL from:

ButterflyMoon (22nd June 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread