+ Post New Thread
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 576
General Chat Thread, World Cup! in General; Or making him play in a muzzle....
  1. #421
    SiliconAlley_Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    584
    Thank Post
    228
    Thanked 117 Times in 92 Posts
    Rep Power
    53
    Or making him play in a muzzle.

  2. #422

    sparkeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,871
    Thank Post
    1,323
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 1,134 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22
    Rep Power
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    Ahhhh.......a Tottenham supporter.

    Haha no, Rushden & Diamonds

    So actually its more like, hope, joy, ecstasy, pain, misery, despair and liquidation

  3. #423

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    113
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Haha no, Rushden & Diamonds

    So actually its more like, hope, joy, ecstasy, pain, misery, despair and liquidation
    Rushden & Diamonds - Joy?......

  4. #424

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    9,839
    Thank Post
    1,826
    Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,662 Posts
    Rep Power
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Haha no, Rushden & Diamonds

    So actually its more like, hope, joy, ecstasy, pain, misery, despair and liquidation
    I know all about this dedication to support being married to a Luton supporter. First division and League Cup winners to Conference has been a tough few years... however, it's back to League football next year... more stress!

  5. #425

    sparkeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,871
    Thank Post
    1,323
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 1,134 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22
    Rep Power
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by aworkc View Post
    Rushden & Diamonds - Joy?......
    Are you kidding? '92 - '03 were are flurry of league titles and promotion up to the 2nd division.

    Then...it all. went. wrong.... I can only equate it to Felix Baumgartner hurtling from space but failing to open his parachute.

  6. #426

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    113
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Are you kidding? '92 - '03 were are flurry of league titles and promotion up to the 2nd division.

    Then...it all. went. wrong.... I can only equate it to Felix Baumgartner hurtling from space but failing to open his parachute.
    I was only joking .... I also always like seeing people support their local club and not supporting a top team because their dads mates uncles brother once drove past their stadium

  7. #427

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    87
    Thank Post
    17
    Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Haha no, Rushden & Diamonds

    So actually its more like, hope, joy, ecstasy, pain, misery, despair and liquidation
    So it's not just me that supports the Diamonds then! :-) memories of happy days (forgetting the sad ones).

  8. #428


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,236
    Thank Post
    151
    Thanked 243 Times in 168 Posts
    Rep Power
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    I know all about this dedication to support being married to a Luton supporter. First division and League Cup winners to Conference has been a tough few years... however, it's back to League football next year... more stress!
    The price and availability of tickets down White Hart Lane last season was enough to make me start thinking about going to Luton or Stevenage, I'm pretty well-placed for both of those.

    My football (Spurs) mad grandson lives in Luton but when I asked if he'd like to go and see them, he just looked at me strangely and said, 'Why?'.

    Depressing thing is, he's only 9 but gets to more Spurs games than I do.

  9. #429

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    9,839
    Thank Post
    1,826
    Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,662 Posts
    Rep Power
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    The price and availability of tickets down White Hart Lane last season was enough to make me start thinking about going to Luton or Stevenage, I'm pretty well-placed for both of those.

    My football (Spurs) mad grandson lives in Luton but when I asked if he'd like to go and see them, he just looked at me strangely and said, 'Why?'.

    Depressing thing is, he's only 9 but gets to more Spurs games than I do.
    Great atmosphere at Luton. There aren't many Conference clubs pulling crowds of 7000 week in week out. The Luton supporters seriously outnumbered the local supporters at away matches. The ground is a bit basic (OK very basic) compared with the premiership grounds. Arsenal is son's team alongside Luton.

  10. #430

    sparkeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,871
    Thank Post
    1,323
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 1,134 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22
    Rep Power
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by tekins View Post
    So it's not just me that supports the Diamonds then! :-) memories of happy days (forgetting the sad ones).
    Yep, my hometown club. Many happy memories on the terrace come wind, rain or snow.

    Have to drive past Nene Park on the way to see my folks and it makes me sad.

  11. #431

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    113
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    The price and availability of tickets down White Hart Lane last season was enough to make me start thinking about going to Luton or Stevenage, I'm pretty well-placed for both of those.

    My football (Spurs) mad grandson lives in Luton but when I asked if he'd like to go and see them, he just looked at me strangely and said, 'Why?'.

    Depressing thing is, he's only 9 but gets to more Spurs games than I do.
    I live in Southampton and support them but I do try and get down to see Eastleigh play as much as I can. Just been promoted from the conference south into the conference proper for the first time in their history and only 1 league below Portsmouth

  12. #432

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    97
    Thank Post
    16
    Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Are you kidding? '92 - '03 were are flurry of league titles and promotion up to the 2nd division.

    Then...it all. went. wrong.... I can only equate it to Felix Baumgartner hurtling from space but failing to open his parachute.
    Not all that bad. You've got the AFC team down the Dog and Duck in Wellingborough still.

  13. #433

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    87
    Thank Post
    17
    Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Yep, my hometown club. Many happy memories on the terrace come wind, rain or snow.

    Have to drive past Nene Park on the way to see my folks and it makes me sad.
    Yeah, my daughter does Gymnastics in the sports centre behind Nene Park, very sad to see it go to pieces!

  14. #434
    Griff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    519
    Thank Post
    204
    Thanked 95 Times in 77 Posts
    Rep Power
    38
    I saw Luton (my team) play away at Nene Park years ago, what a fantastic ground and the atmosphere was electric. Real shame but hey...look what AFC Wimbledon have done no reason it cannot be done again with AFC R&D.

    It's a real problem to get youngsters to go see Luton play the town has such bad a reputation and lets be honest the stadium is basic but the pitch always looks fantastic and its a real passionate crowd. I get ripped at school by the kids for being a Luton supporter. Doesn't help we have McDonalds FC up the road in Milton Keynes with their brand new ASDA/IKEA stadium

  15. #435

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    9,839
    Thank Post
    1,826
    Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,662 Posts
    Rep Power
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Looking at this game, England are just poor. Sturridge is on his own too much. This 4-3-3 is not great, as many of the players are slipping so its more of a 4-5-1. England could run a 4-4-4 (yes, with the 2 extra players), and still look awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I saw Luton (my team) play away at Nene Park years ago, what a fantastic ground and the atmosphere was electric. Real shame but hey...look what AFC Wimbledon have done no reason it cannot be done again with AFC R&D.

    It's a real problem to get youngsters to go see Luton play the town has such bad a reputation and lets be honest the stadium is basic but the pitch always looks fantastic and its a real passionate crowd. I get ripped at school by the kids for being a Luton supporter. Doesn't help we have McDonalds FC up the road in Milton Keynes with their brand new ASDA/IKEA stadium
    I agree about the basic stadium. The ladies loos have to be the coldest, most awful place on earth with no running water most of the time. My husband and son swear the gents are probably worse! And then there's the bench seating in the main stand with no legroom and the fact that you always have a pillar obstructing your view no matter where you sit! I love it

    There always seem to be plenty of youngsters from my observations though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. how to Stream world cup in HD from Freesat?
    By diagram in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 14th June 2010, 03:35 PM
  2. Soccer World Cup :)
    By AntiThesis in forum General Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 20th May 2010, 05:22 AM
  3. Rugby World Cup 2007
    By kearton in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 3rd August 2007, 07:49 AM
  4. more camera views of world cup incident
    By ITWombat in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15th July 2006, 06:31 PM
  5. Blocking the BBC World Cup Video Streams.
    By Geoff in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 14th June 2006, 05:39 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •