+ Post New Thread
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, World Cup! in General; Or making him play in a muzzle....
    Thank Post
    Or making him play in a muzzle.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 1,134 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    Ahhhh.......a Tottenham supporter.

Haha no, Rushden & Diamonds

So actually its more like, hope, joy, ecstasy, pain, misery, despair and liquidation

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post

So actually its more like, hope, joy, ecstasy, pain, misery, despair and liquidation
    Rushden & Diamonds - Joy?......

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,662 Posts

I know all about this dedication to support being married to a Luton supporter. First division and League Cup winners to Conference has been a tough few years... however, it's back to League football next year... more stress!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aworkc View Post
    Rushden & Diamonds - Joy?......
    Are you kidding? '92 - '03 were are flurry of league titles and promotion up to the 2nd division.

Then...it all. went. wrong.... I can only equate it to Felix Baumgartner hurtling from space but failing to open his parachute.

Thank Post
    Are you kidding? '92 - '03 were are flurry of league titles and promotion up to the 2nd division.

Then...it all. went. wrong.... I can only equate it to Felix Baumgartner hurtling from space but failing to open his parachute.
    I was only joking .... I also always like seeing people support their local club and not supporting a top team because their dads mates uncles brother once drove past their stadium

Thank Post

So it's not just me that supports the Diamonds then! :-) memories of happy days (forgetting the sad ones).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    I know all about this dedication to support being married to a Luton supporter. First division and League Cup winners to Conference has been a tough few years... however, it's back to League football next year... more stress!
    The price and availability of tickets down White Hart Lane last season was enough to make me start thinking about going to Luton or Stevenage, I'm pretty well-placed for both of those.

My football (Spurs) mad grandson lives in Luton but when I asked if he'd like to go and see them, he just looked at me strangely and said, 'Why?'.

Depressing thing is, he's only 9 but gets to more Spurs games than I do.

Thank Post
    The price and availability of tickets down White Hart Lane last season was enough to make me start thinking about going to Luton or Stevenage, I'm pretty well-placed for both of those.

My football (Spurs) mad grandson lives in Luton but when I asked if he'd like to go and see them, he just looked at me strangely and said, 'Why?'.

Great atmosphere at Luton. There aren't many Conference clubs pulling crowds of 7000 week in week out. The Luton supporters seriously outnumbered the local supporters at away matches. The ground is a bit basic (OK very basic) compared with the premiership grounds. Arsenal is son's team alongside Luton.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tekins View Post
    So it's not just me that supports the Diamonds then! :-) memories of happy days (forgetting the sad ones).
    Yep, my hometown club. Many happy memories on the terrace come wind, rain or snow.

Have to drive past Nene Park on the way to see my folks and it makes me sad.

Thank Post

I live in Southampton and support them but I do try and get down to see Eastleigh play as much as I can. Just been promoted from the conference south into the conference proper for the first time in their history and only 1 league below Portsmouth

Thank Post

Not all that bad. You've got the AFC team down the Dog and Duck in Wellingborough still.

Thank Post
    Yep, my hometown club. Many happy memories on the terrace come wind, rain or snow.

Have to drive past Nene Park on the way to see my folks and it makes me sad.
    Yeah, my daughter does Gymnastics in the sports centre behind Nene Park, very sad to see it go to pieces!

Thank Post
    I saw Luton (my team) play away at Nene Park years ago, what a fantastic ground and the atmosphere was electric. Real shame but hey...look what AFC Wimbledon have done no reason it cannot be done again with AFC R&D.

It's a real problem to get youngsters to go see Luton play the town has such bad a reputation and lets be honest the stadium is basic but the pitch always looks fantastic and its a real passionate crowd. I get ripped at school by the kids for being a Luton supporter. Doesn't help we have McDonalds FC up the road in Milton Keynes with their brand new ASDA/IKEA stadium

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Looking at this game, England are just poor. Sturridge is on his own too much. This 4-3-3 is not great, as many of the players are slipping so its more of a 4-5-1. England could run a 4-4-4 (yes, with the 2 extra players), and still look awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I saw Luton (my team) play away at Nene Park years ago, what a fantastic ground and the atmosphere was electric. Real shame but hey...look what AFC Wimbledon have done no reason it cannot be done again with AFC R&D.

It's a real problem to get youngsters to go see Luton play the town has such bad a reputation and lets be honest the stadium is basic but the pitch always looks fantastic and its a real passionate crowd. I get ripped at school by the kids for being a Luton supporter. Doesn't help we have McDonalds FC up the road in Milton Keynes with their brand new ASDA/IKEA stadium
    I agree about the basic stadium. The ladies loos have to be the coldest, most awful place on earth with no running water most of the time. My husband and son swear the gents are probably worse! And then there's the bench seating in the main stand with no legroom and the fact that you always have a pillar obstructing your view no matter where you sit! I love it

There always seem to be plenty of youngsters from my observations though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread