+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, How to book tickets to see the pandas at Edinburgh Zoo if you have a Blue Peter badge in General; Ok, I appreciate that this is not something relevant to the (vast) majority of EduGeek members however there are no ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 986 Posts
    Blog Entries

How to book tickets to see the pandas at Edinburgh Zoo if you have a Blue Peter badge

Ok, I appreciate that this is not something relevant to the (vast) majority of EduGeek members however there are no instructions on the net on how to do this so, following my families visit there this past weekend I'm putting it up here for the general good.
    So, if one or more of your children have a Blue Peter badge and you want to go and see the pandas in Edinburgh Zoo these are the steps you must take to book them a slot using the online booking system:

• Go to the Edinburgh Zoo website ticket booking page here: https://tickets.edinburghzoo.org.uk/...edium=referral
    • Select the paying adult tickets as required
    • Select any children that do NOT have a badge as required
    • For any children that have a Blue Peter Badge select the 'Under 3' (no charge) option
    • Checkout as per the instructions

Once you have paid and booked your panda viewing slot you will be sent your tickets via email. Just ensure when you turn up your child is wearing their badge and you have their Blue Peter Badge ID card to show the ticket staff.
    We got this information from the zoo when we phoned to enquire about how to do this.

Thank Post
    I thought they stopped handing out the badge centuries ago..

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,394 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have a badge from 1997...still gets me free entry into many places, however you have to have the badge and the card (if you don't have one or have lost it, reapply for it). Also, most places don't accept bookings online/over the phone for blue peter badge holders, so you have to show up on the day with badge and card (and a full paying adult)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,168 Times in 1,603 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    I have a badge from 1997...still gets me free entry into many places, however you have to have the badge and the card (if you don't have one or have lost it, reapply for it). Also, most places don't accept bookings online/over the phone for blue peter badge holders, so you have to show up on the day with badge and card (and a full paying adult)
    I never got a card with my Blue Peter badge from the 1970s. I still have a very fragile letter signed by Biddy Baxter though

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,394 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ah you can apply for one from the website :-). I got one with mine and was told to present it with the badge...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 986 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My daughter got one through a project they did at school and submitted to BP earlier this year.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread