+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Interviewing in General; Hello everyone! We're currently looking to hire a few more members of staff and I have been put in charge ...
    Thank Post

Interviewing

Hello everyone!

We're currently looking to hire a few more members of staff and I have been put in charge of the recruitment and interview process. I'm currently working on an assessment sheet for myself and my fellow interviewer so that they can be filled in independently by us both and then compared after the interview when we discuss the next stages with the big boss as well as working out potential questions etc.

Spent some time doing some research but thought that this could be a great place to get some advice both from interviewers and interviewees.

Does anyone have any assessment templates they use? Any questions you find particularly useful to ask? Were there any questions you've been asked that you found to be particularly effective or a waste of time? How do you interview or how do you like to be interviewed? Any other general advice?

We pride ourselves on a high calibre of customer service so we're looking for top-notch candidates but at the same time it's a great, fun place to work and we're looking for people we think will fit in with the atmosphere here so we want an interview that reflects that.

So please bombard me with advice/anecdotes/anything you think could help me out!

Thanks,

Sam

Thank Post
    What are the roles? Different roles are going to need different questions.

Thank Post
    I like to ask open ended questions that have no right or wrong answer something that requires a bit of creative thinking I find that helps to relax the interviewee rather than bombarding them with questions to begin with. It also helps you get a feel of who they are personality wise too.

Other than that depends on the role if customer facing maybe some scenarios to think about like customer xx phones up ranting about something that's broken how would you deal with it?

If a technical role something like

Your network has:

15 Dual core PCs running XP with 1GB RAM and 80GB hard drives
    10 Dual core PCs running 7 with 2GB RAM and 250GB hard drives
    20 quad cores running 7 with 4GB RAM and 250GB hard drives

Server running 2008 with 2GB RAM
    Server running 2008r2 with 16GB RAM

100Mbps managed switches

If you took this network over what would your priorities be and why? Maybe make it more complicated by saying what steps would you take to improve the XP machines assuming you don't have the budget to totally replace them what single upgrade (OS aside) would you do to keep them going for another year?

What's the role?

4. Thanks to Bananas from:

SiliconAlley_Sam (3rd June 2014)

Thank Post
    We're looking for some new account managers as we're hoping to expand our current team so good telephone manner, being generally likeable, ability to problem solve, be calm under pressure etc. are all important.

I like the idea of putting some open ended questions at the beginning, encourage them to chat when they're nervous at the start as opposed to giving them questions with short answers.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread