+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, ROFL in General; Originally Posted by Joedetic Hopefully, in time, they'll get used to the merger and virgin will sort themselves out. Their ...
    Thank Post

Re: ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by Joedetic
    Hopefully, in time, they'll get used to the merger and virgin will sort themselves out. Their network can't support the load so in my humble opinion, they don't really have the right to go offering 20meg.

But of course, as they were discussing on the gadget show the other night, there's the issue of wording...they have their lovely get out clause of "up to 20meg." They should consider a wording change.
    Beginning to wonder we im paying more for a service thats not that great anymore.. and the "Up to" is really funny, i actually spoke to a sales person from Telewest (when it was still Telewest blueyonder) about that, and yeah i got him to admit that then can technically offer you under the bandwidth you should be getting.

Thank Post

Knocked mine out

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries

@torledo - ace post mate. Love the record store hippy/wrong missing balloonist bit.

Thank Post

We're paying for 20meg Virgin in our house. Think that's going to get changed quite quickly as there is no way we're getting even 10meg in my opinion. When it stopped working monday night I thought that someone hadn't paid for it again

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Joedetic
    Hopefully, in time, they'll get used to the merger and virgin will sort themselves out. Their network can't support the load so in my humble opinion, they don't really have the right to go offering 20meg.

But of course, as they were discussing on the gadget show the other night, there's the issue of wording...they have their lovely get out clause of "up to 20meg." They should consider a wording change.
    The whole up to 20meg broadband IS misleading, but the sp's are in a difficult situation, there aren't many other ways you can word it....

"anywhere between 2 and 20 meg depending on distance and line quality"

...doesn't look good on a marketing poster or billboard does it ?, they'd argue that's why they have the small print bit at the bottom in order to clarify the situation.

Didn't realise Virgin's cable internet service has the same speed/distance issues as ADSL. With their adsl service Virgin are in the same boat as all the other BT wholesale customers when it comes to the 20meg issue.

On a side note looks like beardy and his banking chums aren't going to get their hands on Northern Wreck now that the bank of england have decided to all but nationalize the failed bank. If labour and brown win the next election it will prove once and for all that we all live in 'dumb britain'

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Ohhh, shame. I was looking forward to Virgin Rock or Northern Virgin as being the new name of Northern Rock......

....Branson is an irritating t*at.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 997 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy
    Ohhh, shame. I was looking forward to Virgin Rock or Northern Virgin as being the new name of Northern Rock......

lmao @ virgin rock

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy

haha, Northern Virgin..now that would be funny

But no such luck it would have been plain old Virgin Money if beardy had got his way.

He could still get his hands on the wreck and satisfy his ego, but it no longer looks like a quick sale, which will probably work against him.

Anyone interested in knowing the favours Awarded to Bransons Virgin Trains and the way it's operated since 1997 should read this;

http://www.derbygripe.co.uk/virgin.htm

This i find hilarious and rather distrubing, from the article;

Under the plan drawn up at the time of privatisation in 1996, Sir Richard's rail interests should have been making contributions to the Exchequer, rather than the other way round. Virgin received £394m from taxpayers in 2002-3 and £514m in 2003-4 but the SRA hopes to cut the figure in the current financial year to £234m.

Now tell me you're not dumbfounded.

Thank Post

I use VM and get an odd service. Downloading programs is fine pretty close to 20meg. But webpage viewing often drops down to sub 28k modem speeds. It’s been down more then normal as well this month must be on the 6 or 7th downtime this month.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I wet myself laughing when old beardy squashed his nuts abseiling down that hotel in America recently.....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Thank Post

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information