+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60
General Chat Thread, I did not expect this when I got home last night..... in General; So I got home from work last night to find this.... There aren't even any cows normally near our house!! ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    852
    Thank Post
    258
    Thanked 105 Times in 81 Posts
    Rep Power
    39

    I did not expect this when I got home last night.....

    So I got home from work last night to find this....

    I did not expect this when I got home last night.....-photo-1.jpg
    I did not expect this when I got home last night.....-photo-2.jpg
    I did not expect this when I got home last night.....-photo-3.jpg

    There aren't even any cows normally near our house!! No idea where they came from.....thankfully they've been mooved on now though :-)

    They've destroyed the back garden though, fence panels smashed, the wife's spent a lot of time doing the garden planting veg and flowers and it's all been destroyed so she's, quite rightly, upset.

    Waiting for the police to track down the owner.

    I did need a few new Cow Puns last night though, so I entered "cow puns" into Google and the very first link brought me to Edugeek....we really do know everything about everything :-)

  2. 7 Thanks to Iain.Faulkner:

    CHR1S (22nd May 2014), Dos_Box (22nd May 2014), elsiegee40 (22nd May 2014), GrumbleDook (22nd May 2014), lionsl2005 (22nd May 2014), rad (22nd May 2014), sparkeh (22nd May 2014)

  3. #2
    Galway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,299
    Thank Post
    9
    Thanked 300 Times in 209 Posts
    Rep Power
    99
    Hmmm if that would have been my garden im sure a few of the cows would have had an heart attack when the mrs saw them. As a result there would be a really big bbq the next weekend with plenty of steak to encourage allot of volunteers to help fix the garden.

  4. #3

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,113
    Thank Post
    403
    Thanked 619 Times in 566 Posts
    Rep Power
    180
    So.... where are the cows now why they track the owner?!

  5. #4
    SiliconAlley_Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    422
    Thank Post
    150
    Thanked 94 Times in 71 Posts
    Rep Power
    48
    Hehehe, I'd have been petrified. Not a fan of cows after a traumatising chasing incident mid-way through a D of E hike.

  6. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    852
    Thank Post
    258
    Thanked 105 Times in 81 Posts
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    So.... where are the cows now why they track the owner?!
    The cows were herded out of the garden by two farmers....both of whom denied ownership of the cows.....

  7. #6


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570
    Thank Post
    922
    Thanked 342 Times in 263 Posts
    Rep Power
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain.Faulkner View Post
    mooved on
    Why is there no facepalm icon?

    Colleague of mine pointed out, you should be able to trace the owner from the tags on their ears and invoice them for the damage caused by their herd.
    Go nuts. Photograph everything they've wrecked. Completely milk the situation for all its worth :P

  8. #7

    abillybob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    2,423
    Thank Post
    209
    Thanked 306 Times in 227 Posts
    Rep Power
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Galway View Post
    Hmmm if that would have been my garden im sure a few of the cows would have had an heart attack when the mrs saw them. As a result there would be a really big bbq the next weekend with plenty of steak to encourage allot of volunteers to help fix the garden.
    Hmmmm... I challenge you to try and BBQ this
    I did not expect this when I got home last night.....-roid-cow-240x180.png

  9. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    852
    Thank Post
    258
    Thanked 105 Times in 81 Posts
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconAlley_Sam View Post
    Hehehe, I'd have been petrified. Not a fan of cows after a traumatising chasing incident mid-way through a D of E hike.
    They were pretty scary, and had started to get a bit restless...there was lots of pushing and shoving between them

  10. #9

    jinnantonnixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In the Calamatorium.
    Posts
    1,952
    Thank Post
    109
    Thanked 482 Times in 331 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain.Faulkner View Post
    The cows were herded out of the garden by two farmers....both of whom denied ownership of the cows.....
    ... but... somehow.... now own the cows? But remain shy when asked to stump up for the damage? Am I near the mark?
    Last edited by jinnantonnixx; 22nd May 2014 at 08:54 AM.

  11. Thanks to jinnantonnixx from:

    Iain.Faulkner (22nd May 2014)

  12. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    852
    Thank Post
    258
    Thanked 105 Times in 81 Posts
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    Why is there no facepalm icon?

    Colleague of mine pointed out, you should be able to trace the owner from the tags on their ears and invoice them for the damage caused by their herd.
    Go nuts. Photograph everything they've wrecked. Completely milk the situation for all its worth :P
    we thought that as well, but they all seemed to have different numbers on the tags. We've given our photos to the police and they'll trace it hopefully.

    I've heard some udderly offal cow puns in the last 12 hours or so ;-)

  13. #11


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570
    Thank Post
    922
    Thanked 342 Times in 263 Posts
    Rep Power
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconAlley_Sam View Post
    Hehehe, I'd have been petrified. Not a fan of cows after a traumatising chasing incident mid-way through a D of E hike.
    @SiliconAlley_Sam You're fast becoming my favourite supplier and I'm sorry that your misfortune amuses me :P
    Well, not so much your misfortune. Just the way you worded that post.. Something struck a funny tone about it. Hope everything wasn't too bad.
    Last edited by Garacesh; 22nd May 2014 at 08:57 AM.

  14. Thanks to Garacesh from:

    SiliconAlley_Sam (22nd May 2014)

  15. #12

    HarryMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    1,116
    Thank Post
    54
    Thanked 207 Times in 157 Posts
    Rep Power
    170
    Hopefully the police will grab the bull by the horns. Maybe steak out a few of the local farms.


  16. 2 Thanks to HarryMonkey:

    Iain.Faulkner (22nd May 2014), laserblazer (22nd May 2014)

  17. #13


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570
    Thank Post
    922
    Thanked 342 Times in 263 Posts
    Rep Power
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain.Faulkner View Post
    I've heard herd some udderly offal cow puns in the last 12 hours or so ;-)
    Sorted that for you

    I think you should invest in some new, stronger fences. Really beef up your security.
    Last edited by Garacesh; 22nd May 2014 at 09:01 AM.

  18. #14
    SiliconAlley_Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    422
    Thank Post
    150
    Thanked 94 Times in 71 Posts
    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    @SiliconAlley_Sam You're fast becoming my favourite supplier and I'm sorry that your misfortune amuses me :P
    Well, not so much your misfortune. Just the way you worded that post.. Something struck a funny tone about it. Hope everything wasn't too bad.
    Haha! Well I'm glad my trauma amuses you. In fairness I don't think it was that bad and I don't know what a bunch of cows would actually have done to me had they caught me but they're big and running with an enormous back-pack with a load of big, mooing creatures chasing you is not ideal. Recalling the incident is actually making me feel a bit nervous about my trip to the Lake District next week.

  19. #15

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,031
    Thank Post
    591
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,344 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain.Faulkner View Post
    I did need a few new Cow Puns last night though, so I entered "cow puns" into Google and the very first link brought me to Edugeek....we really do know everything about everything :-)
    I had to verify this... It actually checks out.

    If I hadn't seen it myself, I wouldn't have believed it. Is EduGeek's google ranking THAT good?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless networks speeds i did not know this...?
    By Uraken in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26th February 2008, 07:43 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19th October 2007, 02:48 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •