+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Do we have any mountain bikers/trail riders on EduGeek? in General; Hi all, I was wondering if anyone of you took to your pushbike and hit the woods in your spare ...

Thank Post

Do we have any mountain bikers/trail riders on EduGeek?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone of you took to your pushbike and hit the woods in your spare time? If so what bike do you ride?

Also can any of you recommend any good sites to buy second hand gear from? I'm after a second hand 'jump/trail bike' that I can throw around and wondered if I could be looking on places other than eBay..

Liam

rad
    Thank Post
    Look on facebook for selling pages

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Here's my mud-magnet, a nice Kona. It's a bit long in the tooth, but a nice ride.
    Do we have any mountain bikers/trail riders on EduGeek?-img_20130330_125030.jpg

I had a Cannondale Chase jump bike which was fun, but I sold that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do we have any mountain bikers/trail riders on EduGeek?-img_20131229_152542.jpg  
    Last edited by jinnantonnixx; 20th May 2014 at 03:41 PM.

Thank Post
    I got an old heavy tools but I've not been near a trail in years! Used to love building jumps on my mate's farm.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnantonnixx View Post
    Here's my mud-magnet, a nice Kona. It's a bit long in the tooth, but a nice ride.
    Do we have any mountain bikers/trail riders on EduGeek?-img_20131229_152542.jpg

I had a Cannondale Chase jump bike which was fun, but I sold that.
    Nice!! Never had/rode a full suspension bike if I'm honest! Got a 18" GT XC bike atm, although I don't really use it.... I ride the local dirt trails, but want a jump bike for that. A second hand DMR or Specialized P series etc would be perfect. Hehe

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I sometimes go riding, but I'm not very good... I picked up a second hand bike from my local bike shop. Some sort of GT... it looked well used, so whoever had it before must have loved it!

If you work in a school can't you get on the cycle to work scheme? Or is it not as good as it once was?

Thank Post
    Kona Hoss Delux, About 5 -6 years old now, but you know when something just feels right....

only pic I have without me on it. It's doesn't look like that anymore!
    Do we have any mountain bikers/trail riders on EduGeek?-076-peters-new-bike-july-2007.jpg
    Last edited by GeekyPete; 20th May 2014 at 08:22 PM.

Thank Post
    Do we have any mountain bikers/trail riders on EduGeek?-ute.jpg
    Kona Ute bit big but built like a tank and pretty unstoppable :-)
    Last edited by DocHouse; 20th May 2014 at 08:33 PM.

Thank Post
    Yep, Ride a Felt Virtu Pro and ride home via our local mega hill called Rooley Moor Road followed by a trip round Lee MTB quarry most days of the week.Do we have any mountain bikers/trail riders on EduGeek?-imageuploadedbyedugeek1400614255.742342.jpg

Thank Post
    Used to have a Kona Kula Deluxe as well, it was 12 years old before I decided to get a new bike but it's still running as my mates bike, Kona bike are well built!

Thank Post
    I currently ride a scott spark 650, but swapped the brakes and shifters to XT`s and seat post to a shimano DOSS which has improved it a lot. A group of us do Sherwood Pines most Monday nights, Carsington resovoir Saturday mornings and either Ambergate woods or Canock Chase on bank holidays.

Thank Post
    When I am not commuting and racing on the road I sometimes get to ride my Full Suss Stumpjumper around the woods near Bodmin. Got it second hand about 5 years ago and still going strong with a few component changes and the occasional service. I found mine by word of mouth but sometimes see semi deceent 2nd hand bikes in papers, local bike shops or on internet groups.

Wish I could be further north so it wasn't quite so far to pop back into Wales to places like Afan and Cwm Carn.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smidsy View Post
    ... to places like Afan and Cwm Carn.
    Afan's a ten minute drive from me, and Glyncorrwg about the same. Both fantastic places for throwing yourself down the trails.

I haven't been on my bike for a good 18-24 months, which was mainly due to having a little boy. Now he's old enough to go in a bike seat and is helping me with some resistance training: He continues to eat and grow, and I have to lug him around on the back of the bike. Bloody hard work, but I can definitely feel an improvement in my fitness

Currently riding a Mongoose Amasa Comp. A hardtail, but I've never had an issue with them on the trails. Maybe at some point I'll be in the position to afford full-sus, but not until I know I'll be able to do it regularly.

Thank Post
    I have a "B-Grade" Norco I got from Winstanleys bikes. Came with a couple of scratches on the front fork - so nothing I wouldn't have done myself!!

I don't get out anywhere near enough on it though despite living around the corner from Haldon Forest Park, Dartmoor and at least several other places - largely because it's quite a large bike and I have quite a small car (Ibiza), so it takes a bit of effort to shove it in the back and take it out at each end.

Thank Post
    Do we have any mountain bikers/trail riders on EduGeek?-cube.pngThis is my Ride. A Cube Access WLS GTC Pro 29er hardtail. I love it and it's a race rocket machine with it being carbon. I do go on the roads with it sometimes for very long rides but I prefer trails such as Llandegla, Gisburn Forest, Delamere, Clayton Vale in Manchester next to the Velodrome opened a new trail centre 18 months ago with blue and red runs, it's quite fast and flowy too. Has a great skills area. I'd love to try out Bike Park Wales though, camping trip imminent I think.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast