+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Insanity workout in General; I was wondering if anyone has tried this workout and if it has actually showed results. Im thinking about giving ...
    Thank Post

Insanity workout

I was wondering if anyone has tried this workout and if it has actually showed results.

Im thinking about giving it a go and getting a heart rate monitir (not just for this but for when im out cycking too) to see how im getting on with it.

Thought i would ask just so im not wasting my time with it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yes - I downloaded the DVDs from the web the other week ;-) Lost them somehow.

As it happens I did the warm up and struggled and gave up. Went running instead. It is what it says on the tin.

Thank Post
    Ah, so it will literally f*** you up then... oh dear.

Thank Post
    Missus started it and found it very intense. Personally I'm opting for bike rides through the woods.....in a lot of pain right now.

Thank Post
    It is a bit extreme but it certainly works. Theres around 5 or 6 of us been doing it at work for the last 5 or 6 weeks in our fitness studio after school. I am doing it for fitness others have done it to lose weight.

The programme is 6 times a week and one day or rest - we are only doing it twice possibly three times a week max.

I've lost 5lbs (down to 10 stone now) others have lost 9 or 10lbs.

I am actually enjoying doing it at it certainly helps if theres a group of you to assist with motivation.

Thank Post
    Not done that but usually ride and race on my bike but been suffering a bit of lack of motivation last couple of months so thought a spin cycle session would kick start me....I thought I had died after it! Legs hurt for days afterwards, tell you what though, thought of doing another session got me back on the bike though so intense sessions do work...in a way!

Thank Post
    Aye.. ive got the calendar and the fitness test chart too. Noticed on the 7th day its rest day.

My weight is 11st 5lb at the mo with a height of about 180cm. I wouldnt say im underweight or anything and with a bmi (i know it doesnt reslly mean anything) of about 22. Just want to do it to tone up and to improve my energy and stamina levels. I go out on the bike and can quite easily cover 30 miles on a full suspension push bike in under 2 hours.

Thank Post
    I tried it but I found that I got the same results from doing "normal" exercise, plus I actually enjoyed myself a lot more. It's just like any other gimmick exercise/diet plan really, in that you'll get results from it but it's not some miracle weight loss/fitness system. As long as you are doing the following two things, you will lose weight/get fitter:

1. Do more things
    2. Eat less things

If you feel like spending some money on DVDs will help you do that, go nuts. I think it's better to find exercise you actually enjoy doing, though, because you're much more likely to keep doing it.

9. 2 Thanks to Sdrawkcab:

pcstru (19th May 2014), zag (19th May 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Missus moved to it briefly after doing the Jillian Michaels ones. She's already got results from those and found insanity to be mental (she promptly went back to her previous workouts)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Tried it. Hard work! Especially to keep up with the days. Actually for me it is finding the time to dedicate to it. Physically intense too.

Thank Post
    I mirror what most have already said. Really intense BUT stick with it and you notice results pretty quickly.

I switched to DDP Yoga to tone and build strength. Works like a charm and you can make it as easy or as hard as you like.

Thank Post
    The most important thing to remember about any workout program is that "Ab's begin in the kitchen". Eat the right foods and exercise and you will see results.

I half did the Insanity program and saw massive results, but I also followed the meal plan.

I stopped the Insanity program as I found it to be damaging to my knees (historical problem). Shaun T (the Insanity man) also has a program called T25 which is 25 mins a day and is far less intensive, but it makes you focus more on what you are doing with the correct form, not just how fast and how many reps you can do. I did the full T25 program and saw better results than I did with insanity.

If I had followed the nutritional program whilst I was doing it I'm sure that the results would have been even better.
    Last edited by simongrahamuk; 19th May 2014 at 10:34 AM.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've been training all my life and its a good plan I guess.

DVDs like these tend to be fads though that people take up then forget about after a few months.

I would recommend getting your diet sorted first (no processed foods, watch the quantities, more protein, less carbs, avoid sugar and fats), then just going to the gym twice a week and doing varied routines or classes. Its virtually impossible to be overweight doing these simple things but its all about keeping it up rather than the actual plan you do.

Thank Post
    I did it for a week but found it to hard. I am currently doing one of Shaun T's other work out programmes T25 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shaun-FOCUS-.../dp/B00DW6FZTK

It has 3 levels Alpha, Beta and Gamma you do 5 weeks of each and they get harder as you go along.

The thing I like the most is that they are only 25 minutes long. Some of the insanity work outs feel like they go on forever

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTDirect_Dave View Post
    Missus moved to it briefly after doing the Jillian Michaels ones. She's already got results from those and found insanity to be mental (she promptly went back to her previous workouts)
    Oh dear, Jillian is enough to make me whine and hobble for days.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast