+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Insanity workout in General; Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab 1. Do more things 2. Eat less things Excellent summary. Probably best to point out that ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab View Post
    1. Do more things
    2. Eat less things
    Excellent summary. Probably best to point out that making your character in DayZ run 10 miles doesn't really count.

Thank Post
    I've been using the "Zombies, Run!" app on the treadmill and while it's very silly I do find it keeps me going for longer if only to find out what the next stage of my "mission" entails. Anything that makes treadmill running slightly less boring (it's in our garage so not even the advantage of people watching) is tops in my book.

Thank Post
    I'm doing the AthleanX program and I am following the nutritional guide. I'm not going to recommend it though as it's not for beginners. The T25 program looks like a good bet and I've heard first hand, good things. The diet plan is the key though, you can't eat crud and hope that exercise will excuse it

I look visibly different in just a month..

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you want results that stay, you are better off doing the workouts based on here Visual Workouts by Neila Rey

Pick 3 per day, go as follows for good results (results may vary depending on diet, body type, intensity of workout).

Day 1 - workout - abs
    Day 2 - workout - legs
    Day 3 - rest
    Day 4 - workout - arms
    Day 5 - workout - cardio
    Day 6 - rest
    Day 7 - workout - combination (pick any 3).

Ensure you do not repeat any workouts for a month and go through them all if possible.

Since cutting out bread and pasta I've lost a lot of weight, but doing these on top I am not getting the flappy skin and such like as it is toning as I lose weight.

*edit*

insanity work out is great for weightloss, but the results don't stay for long as your body gets used to doing the workout and when you phase it out (if you phase it out), the results start to reverse.
    Last edited by nephilim; 19th May 2014 at 11:04 AM.

Thank Post
    Ex-er-cise? Work-out? What are these terrifying concepts? I see many of you mention 'pain'. Clearly they are damaging to the health. I shall steer well clear.

6. Thanks to AMLightfoot from:

john (19th May 2014)

Thank Post
    Insanity is not for beginners. If you like the Tony Horton / Shaun T type things then P90X3 is a good place to start. Its tough but manageable for beginners.

The biggest thing to take from it is 8-10 reps for mass, 12-14 for toning. If you can still use your arms / legs afterwards then your're not doing it right.

AthleanX is also another excellent option but its a little less 'in your face'. I do AthelanX through the week during my lunch hour.

Thank Post
    I think it's best to say try it and see if it works for you!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconAlley_Sam View Post
    I've been using the "Zombies, Run!" app on the treadmill and while it's very silly I do find it keeps me going for longer if only to find out what the next stage of my "mission" entails. Anything that makes treadmill running slightly less boring (it's in our garage so not even the advantage of people watching) is tops in my book.
    How is people watching an advantage? I want to use our school's fitness suite but I'm terrified of people seeing me! Way too self-conscious

Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Since cutting out bread and pasta I've lost a lot of weight, but doing these on top I am not getting the flappy skin and such like as it is toning as I lose weight.
    I've noticed I've lost a little from cutting out pasta but I know my main issue is bread - sandwiches daily for work. Yet I have very little culinary expertise and am also weary of attempting new things when it comes to food as it's often an expensive mistake if you screw it up.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ideally you should go gluten free if you can't cut out bread. Make bread with hemp flour or buy gluten free flour from asda/tesco etc. Gluten free loaves unfortunately cost a fortune (£2.50 for a loaf a sliced white where I am), so I inevitably make my own.

Thank Post
    I thought the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred was really good. I did it for about 12 days - it's only 30 minutes (that includes 10 mins warm up-cool down) a day. I only stopped as my OH change shifts at work and I didn't want him to see me lumbering around the room like a red faced loon as he would never let me forget it haha. Will have to start again I think.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,675 Posts
    I think @nyiss is doing insanity

Frankly, having now been away from exercise for 4 months due to my foot op - I would be grateful to be able to do any cardio workout. I am doing a self-devised 30 minute workout 3 times a week which is keeping the tone I have but I am unable to go back to any of my 4 classes per week.
    The foot isn't getting any better, either
    Not in a good place ATM

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    I think @nyiss is doing insanity
    I am indeed! Today is the first day of week 4 and I honestly love it. I am one of those sheep like people who benifits from being told what to do on what day. If I am left to my own devices at the gym I don't push myself hard enough. If you go like a rocket full of red bull in the gym then you won't see any difference in your results compared to insanity. Lazy folk like me however..! I have seen more inches lost in the last 3 weeks than in the last 3 months of gym, running and bike rides. Like a lot of others have said if you don't enjoy it you won't do it it's the same with all excercise. Personally HIT training works very well for me because I have seen a boost in my endurance within a much shorter period of time than I would have expected. Week 1 is hell your whole body will ache, by week 2 you wont have to crawl out of bed and you will actually be a little dissapointed not to feel the evidence of your hard work!
    I would highly recommend following the nutrition plan or coming up with something similar for yourself. I didn't at first and had no energy in my workouts. I would also say its worth having a look at protein synthesis and carb backloading.

Thank Post
    Insanity works if you stick to it, but as others have said due to it being pretty demanding people quit it or don't do it properly.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12