+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, EE - No Signal in General; Hiya All! Don't know if anyone has ever been in this situation so putting it out there, While at work, ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

EE - No Signal

Hiya All!

Don't know if anyone has ever been in this situation so putting it out there,

While at work, I get no signal at all, to make a phone call or receive/send a text I have to go outside...which is pretty useless to me! This is EE who claim to have the biggest mobile network in the UK :/ (Rubbish!)

Anyone ever made a complaint about signal to them? I would like to get out of my contract but don't know where I stand really...Various websites give different opinions.

Thank Post
    Which phone do you have?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    iPhone 5S, so joining our WiFi gives me imessages but that's kinda not the point...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    i'm on Voda, i have a 5S. My phone doesn't work in the building....i feel your pain.

5. Thanks to Little-Miss from:

mmoseley (14th May 2014)

Thank Post
    Got out of a few contacts because of signal issues and never had any issues doing so. What you might want to keep in mind though is that if you can get signal outside the building it could be the building that's causing the problem rather than your network.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconAlley_Sam View Post
    Got out of a few contacts because of signal issues and never had any issues doing so. What you might want to keep in mind though is that if you can get signal outside the building it could be the building that's causing the problem rather than your network.
    Interesting, I do think the building has something to do with it, but even outside it can be so intermittent, was on the phone yesterday and had to ring someone 3 times to finish the conversation because of it cutting off!

Thank Post
    shame, android has an app to redirect all phone signal over wifi but can't find one for apple

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    shame, android has an app to redirect all phone signal over wifi but can't find one for apple
    Yeah, I had that on one android phone I had but didn't work brilliantly, I think the technology has to be inside the phone...I just have to tell everyone to WhatsApp me or iMessage while im at work. Kinda Annoying!

Thank Post
    If it's a building issue and you can't get a signal inside with any operator, have a look at moving to O2 and using their TUGo app - this gives you all calls and texts routed via WiFi but still using your allowances.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Care to name this app...

Thank Post
    I've just gone with T-mobile from vodafone and get a great signal all over. Have you done a coverage check on your work address to see what different speeds you can get there?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Orange Signal Booster (obviously just for Orange customers)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnykewell1 View Post
    I've just gone with T-mobile from vodafone and get a great signal all over. Have you done a coverage check on your work address to see what different speeds you can get there?
    It says I can get 2G, texts and phone calls with 2 bars outside of the building, so the building looses 2 bars I suppose!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoseley View Post
    Orange Signal Booster (obviously just for Orange customers)
    Can't see it on the android app store buddy. Though I am on Three. To be honest my mum never has any signal and she's with EE says she will never go back with them. Even their home broadband is useless as discussed on a previous thread of mine.
    I don't rate them and it is true you can get out of a contract due to signal issues, three do a box where if you call up you plug a box into your phone line and it will redistribute three signal around the house I used to get none as soon as I entered my house because the walls where so thick but now this box is installed it absolutely excellent. My school is trying to get one aswell as we have 4 phones on Three and it sounds like we are going to get 4 separate boxes for each phone! Can't fault them to be honest!

Thank Post
    About signal boost from Orange

as ,mmoseley says its not ideal but like the op I can only get signal outside my house so its better than nothing!.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    Can't see it on the android app store buddy. Though I am on Three. To be honest my mum never has any signal and she's with EE says she will never go back with them. Even their home broadband is useless as discussed on a previous thread of mine.
    I don't rate them and it is true you can get out of a contract due to signal issues, three do a box where if you call up you plug a box into your phone line and it will redistribute three signal around the house I used to get none as soon as I entered my house because the walls where so thick but now this box is installed it absolutely excellent. My school is trying to get one aswell as we have 4 phones on Three and it sounds like we are going to get 4 separate boxes for each phone! Can't fault them to be honest!
    Yeah we have a signal booster here, which is brilliant upstairs in the building but awful downstairs lol....May need to strategically move my desk upstairs lol

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast