+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, BBC iPlayer now for everybody! in General; a year and i am not allowed to record the tv? As you get older - you get to find ...

Thank Post

Re: BBC iPlayer now for everybody!

a year and i am not allowed to record the tv?
    As you get older - you get to find out that there is a lot more wrong with reality than that

regards
    Simon

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by gwendes
    UKNova falls into quite a grey area. Copyrighted material is still protected and you are not legally entitled to record from the TV.
    Legally you are allowed to record from the TV for the purposes of "timeshifting".

Quote Originally Posted by intrigue
    So i pay 120 quid a year and i am not allowed to record the tv? Something is wrong with that.

Matt
    I wouldn't even say UKNova is in a grey area - your tv license doesn't give you carte blanche to use the content however you want and distributing it on torrent sites is almost certainly not allowed. UKNova play fair though and try to keep their infringements within the spirit of the law which I think would protect them from too much unwanted attention.

The reason a lot of content from the BBC (say) isn't available online is that they don't make it and are only licensed to broadcast it in certian specific ways. UKNova's rationale is that they only distribute stuff which has no commercial alternative (i.e. not sold on DVD etc.) and so "nobody loses", which to you or I seems fair enough, but legally wouldn't stand up.

UPDATE: When I try it times out loading the programme, straight after the ident. Possibly our LEA have blocked the video source or there are a lot of people hitting it at once.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts

Also nice thing about the flash version means you can just grab the FLV file quickly and easily with no fuss

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information