+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, What is wrong with this kid? Seriously! in General; Originally Posted by GREED Then by all means have a bundle of rep! Thanks!...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GREED View Post
    Then by all means have a bundle of rep!
    Thanks!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradlys View Post
    I hope he crashes and burns and can't recover. I never get any sympathy for my childhood mistakes and now I'm working hard trying to live and he's breezing along.

P.s

His girlfriend is 16 years old... what.
    As much as he seems to be a complete tool, he is also barely in his 20s. I don't think there's much wrong with having a 16 year old girlfriend at that age. If he was 22 and she was 18, you wouldn't be batting an eyelid.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Norphy View Post
    As much as he seems to be a complete tool, he is also barely in his 20s. I don't think there's much wrong with having a 16 year old girlfriend at that age. If he was 22 and she was 18, you wouldn't be batting an eyelid.
    Hmmm depends on the circumstances, there is a big thing in the local news about a 22 year old teacher from Thomas Telford dating a 18 year old girl in the same 6th form he has just gone to court and been given a classroom ban for 5 years because of this. I'd nearly always wait until they're out of school and I'm 20!
    Shropshire teacher is banned over affair with pupil Shropshire Star

Edit: He was 28... but still imo I would always wait until they left school!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Difference with Bieber is he was a Disney brainchild and has a yound, impressionable fanbase.... the likes of ozzy osbourne definitely weren't
    He's not a Disney child...... He was found on youtube by Usher.

Lets all blame Usher!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailstar View Post

Lets all blame Usher!
    I never liked Usher!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    Hmmm depends on the circumstances, there is a big thing in the local news about a 22 year old teacher from Thomas Telford dating a 18 year old girl in the same 6th form he has just gone to court and been given a classroom ban for 5 years because of this. I'd nearly always wait until they're out of school and I'm 20!

Well, yes, under those circumstances I would agree. However, if you met an 18 year old on holiday or in a nightclub or in Sainsburys and they happened to be in Sixth Form in another school which has nothing to do with the one you work in, would you wait till she/he had left school before you asked them out? I don't think there are any safeguarding issues there so if so, why? At my age it'd be more than a bit creepy but at yours, I wouldn't see a problem.

Anyway, back on topic, JB: too much money, not enough boundaries, too many people around him telling him that the sun shines out of his backside and that he can do no wrong, desperately needs a good slap.
    Last edited by Norphy; 14th May 2014 at 12:55 PM.

Thank Post
    Well, yes, under those circumstances I would agree. However, if you met an 18 year old on holiday or in a nightclub or in Sainsburys and they happened to be in Sixth Form in another school which has nothing to do with the one you work in, would you wait till she/he had left school before you asked them out? I don't think there are any safeguarding issues there so if so, why?

Anyway, back on topic, JB: too much money, not enough boundaries, needs a good slap.
    I would, I mean my girlfriends 18 but with that in mind she attends college. I suppose some of it has to come down to personal opinions as I would see it strange working in a school and my girlfriend still attending school, in a previous thread I did post this did happen to me I was an apprentice at a different school and my girlfriend was 16 in year 11. It weirdly still made me feel a bit un-easy the fact that she was a student at school and I was in a trusted position (member of staff) at another, I then also think it effects on how you look at girls around you in the school you're at, put yourself in the shoes of the fact your girlfriend is the same age as the year 11's that are making gestures they 'think your fit' their words not mine and it makes it more difficult to determine the line... I don't know I'm rambling a bit but I hope you can kind of see my point never again will I put myself in a position like that!

RE JB: Wasn't there something about him spitting on his fans also!? Yet they still support him WTF!?
    Last edited by abillybob; 14th May 2014 at 12:56 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailstar View Post

Lets all blame Usher!
    I am un-popping my collar as we speak.

9. Thanks to sparkeh from:

CHR1S (14th May 2014)

Thank Post
    Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears and Ryan Gosling all started out as Disney kid-stars on the Mickey Mouse Club.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I think Father Jack sums it up quite well.

and

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Blimey
    You lot really are full of the milk of human kindness today, aren't you? I'm surprised you aren't all shouting "hang him" or standing around with baseball bats in hand.
    For goodness sake - yes, of course he is annoying/irritating/a pratt but I bet all of you lot would probably be equally messed up if you had had so much so young.
    And talk about condemnation.(without even bothering to read the original news report, @abillybob)..he has been ACCUSED of TRYING to take a girl's mobile phone - because she had taken pics of him. He hasn't been arrested or anything- probably because the police have no evidence and the girl still has her phone.

13. Thanks to witch from:

ButterflyMoon (15th May 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    Too much, too young....

It's not going to end well...
    Said this a long time ago, everyone ignored me, now the very people who said "Leave him alone" are now using the exact words I used for him.

I call it the Britney Spears effect because everyone in this generation knows what that means.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Blimey
    You lot really are full of the milk of human kindness today, aren't you? I'm surprised you aren't all shouting "hang him" or standing around with baseball bats in hand.
    For goodness sake - yes, of course he is annoying/irritating/a pratt but I bet all of you lot would probably be equally messed up if you had had so much so young.
    And talk about condemnation.(without even bothering to read the original news report, @abillybob)..he has been ACCUSED of TRYING to take a girl's mobile phone - because she had taken pics of him. He hasn't been arrested or anything- probably because the police have no evidence and the girl still has her phone.
    Hmph *Crosses arms with nose up high in a strop* I still don't like him!

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post

This case is a complete breach of professional standards and safeguarding policy. As an adult working in a school, the adult in question has a duty of care to those studying at the school irrespective of age. A student could be returning as a Year 14 at 19 years old for retakes and it would still be in breach of these standards to get romantically involved with them. Cross-school is a more difficult area, you don't have a duty of care but consider the dangers that kids in one school have links to kids in another and may still fall foul of professional standards on the rumour mill.

Thank Post
    I wouldn't be batting my eyes because they'd be two years into legal consent. Where as Beiber is dating a girl who's not mature enough to handle his stupid actions and without any guidance from any adults.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast