+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Chinese company 3d prints houses in General; BBC News - China: Firm 3D prints 10 full-sized houses in a day A company in China has used giant ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,171 Times in 994 Posts
    Blog Entries

Chinese company 3d prints houses

BBC News - China: Firm 3D prints 10 full-sized houses in a day

A company in China has used giant 3D printers to make 10 full-sized, detached single-storey houses in a day, it appears.A private firm, WinSun, used four 10m x 6.6m printers to spray a mixture of cement and construction waste to build the walls, layer by layer, official Xinhua news agency reported.
    The cheap materials used during the printin
    I would not have liked to have been the toner money on that job!
    Serously though, if this takes off and is viable, imagine what would happen to house prices!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese company 3d prints houses-_74442015_74438307.jpg  

2. Thanks to Dos_Box from:

Miscbrah (28th April 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    Serously though, if this takes off and is viable, imagine what would happen to house prices!!
    A £100k first-time concrete printing "eco tax" on them to keep them nice and high, so all those bankers can stay rich and continue to fleece us. I mean, er, to combat terrorism or some s-t.

[/cynicism]

Thank Post
    Hmmm may be good for first time buyers Surely if a 1 Floor house costs around £5,000 then a two floored house would cost around £10,000? I may wait now a year or two see if this becomes big if so it would be awesome to buy a house for a few grand !

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    I doubt printing houses will do much to house prices. The problem isn't the cost of materials, it's the cost of land. As the saying goes, "land : they aren't making more of it." (unless you happen to live near a volcano).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pcstru View Post
    I doubt printing houses will do much to house prices. The problem isn't the cost of materials, it's the cost of land. As the saying goes, "land : they aren't making more of it." (unless you happen to live near a volcano).
    Hmmmm didn't think land was that expensive, there's a field by me for sale at £25,000 and it's something like 2x2 miles big, (My estimate of course) so buy that, put the £5,000 house there with a nice paved drive way and make the rest into a decent sized garden! Problem being you'd have to get planning permission, help to move the house, foundations installed, water, electric.... blah blah I could go on by the time you have done all that I'm sure it would costs next to or around the £100,000 price mark-up anyway?

Though I could be wrong I'm no expert!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,171 Times in 994 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    Hmmmm didn't think land was that expensive, there's a field by me for sale at £25,000 and it's something like 2x2 miles big, (My estimate of course) so buy that, put the £5,000 house there with a nice paved drive way and make the rest into a decent sized garden! Problem being you'd have to get planning permission, help to move the house, foundations installed, water, electric.... blah blah I could go on by the time you have done all that I'm sure it would costs next to or around the £100,000 price mark-up anyway?

Though I could be wrong I'm no expert!

Of course when you build a house (if you even get planning permission) and once you get gas\water\electric routed in (hugely expensive) your house, with those grounds, will be hugely valuable. And taxed accordingly

Thank Post
    Land without planning permission is relatively cheap but you can't build on it and even changing the designated use can be tricky. Getting planning permission for agricultural land is almost impossible (to build a house, you can throw up stock sheds etc without almost a second thought). Land with planning permission is likely to be a significant chunk of the of the development cost (25-50%).

rad
    Thank Post

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread