+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, DVD addiction in General; Originally Posted by sted season 1 and 2 yes it started getting silly after that imo and the ending wasnt ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    season 1 and 2 yes it started getting silly after that imo and the ending wasnt great imo
    I loved every epsiode but I will agree I found the ending a bit rubbish I wanted more and was wishing they bought out a final film to round it all off but that never happened!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    season 1 and 2 yes it started getting silly after that imo and the ending wasnt great imo
    It does get sillier as it goes on, yes, but its still a great show. The ending was a bit of a disappointment definitely.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    Haha! Discovery, History, Animal Planet etc. I don't watch anything else. Not sure why I subscribe to bloomin Sky to be honest as that's all I ever watch on there.

Same here, but I'm with Virgin. I had to get 3,765,874 channels that I didn't want, just to get Eden HD.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Not out on DVD yet, but will probably buy Brooklyn 99, very funny comedy IMO

Thank Post
    No one's mentioned 'Firefly', that I noticed.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    No one's mentioned 'Firefly', that I noticed.
    Been mentioned atleast twice. (once by me in caps with loads of explanation marks). Ended before it's time (but that could be a good thing in a Faulty Towers kind of way).

Thank Post
    I think about re-watching things, but then think "no, already seen it", however as soon as its on Tv I like to watch the whole episode.

With older content like ST:TNG etc I am holding off watching episodes until they are released on blu-ray, of course TNG has is nearly fully released on blu-ray but other shows like 24 (early seasons) are not yet.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Been mentioned atleast twice. (once by me in caps with loads of explanation marks). Ended before it's time (but that could be a good thing in a Faulty Towers kind of way).
    My bad.

Is that twice including me, or does that make three of us. Ended well, well before its time. Could have done with another series or two before 'Serenity' and the grand ending.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,458 Times in 1,002 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I try not to think about Firefly because then I get very sad perhaps the finest SF show of recent times.

One of the techs here is buying the BluRays of ST:TNG as they come out, so when a term break rolls around we spend lunchtime each day in the gym hall with all the curtains drawn and the speakers turned up full to watch an episode on the projector with our packed lunches. Seems a shame that all that shiny AV kit goes unused 13 weeks of the year, and besides, it's a good test of the equipment, it's not as if anyone else tells us when things stop working...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 1,492 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They seem to have run out of ideas in the end. Shame they ruined it really.

Thank Post
    Our favourites include Family Guy, American Dad, Jonathan Creek and The IT Crowd. I'm also a big fan of Alias. We're just working our way through Dexter on Netflix and I've also started watching Continuum as well.

My other half enjoys Bad Girls and can sit and watch them all day long if left to it!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The very Mention of Babylon 5 the other day here on EG started me off with it again. I have such a connection with that show as it was the first scifi I truly watched from start to finish when it was on air for the first time.

Also the West Wing, I could start with the pilot episode and suddenly a week will have gone by I'll be watching the final episode and I wont have left the house. The way Aaron Sorkin writes is just wonderful! I do the same with the Newsroom and Studio Sixty as well.

New Battlestar was magnificent and it just sucks you in. I also own all of Hustle, which is just fantastic and very easy to get sucked into, it's funny, clever and dramatic all in one and certainly on a par with Spooks in terms of the production quality.

I'm a huge 24 fan, we used to have 'Jack Night' at uni, when one of us would download the episode the moment it had aired so we could keep up to date with the series. Can't wait for it to start again. And my new favourite show is The Following, which seems to draw a lot of inspiration from 24, but takes a different path. The Missus and I have watched the first series in the last four nights.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123