+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, DVD addiction in General; Oh I forgot I have all of Buffy and Angel, but my sister is holding them hostage at the moment....
    Thank Post
    Oh I forgot I have all of Buffy and Angel, but my sister is holding them hostage at the moment.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Wow, were to start?

I've got a Netflix subscription so that helps out with things like House of Cards. 24 is on there if I ever get the urge again, as is Lost and a few others. Same with Sky Now.

On my Plex server we have Star Trek Original series and movies, Booth At The End (extremely good - must watch!), Game Of Thrones, The Following, The Amazing Race (some 18 series - love it!), American Horror Story, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Doctor Who (orginal and reboot ), The A-Team, FIREFLY!!!! and The Walking Dead.

On DVD - Highlander (inc. The Raven), Babylon 5 (EVERYTHING!), Rome, Michael Palins travel documentries, Quantum Leap (1-2, 3-5 on Plex), The ORIGINAL Battlestar Galactica, Alien Nation, Shogun.

Used to have a copy of 'V' (orginal). Might have to get hold of that again one day, Although I've seen the remake and it too was surprisingly good.

Thank Post
    No. The only box set we have in the house is Gavin and Stacey. Other than that I will watch series if they are on TV or Netflix but I wont pay more money to watch something else, I pay enough as it is.

Thank Post
    Every so often we run through the Spooks box sets - I've got them nearly all, except the couple before the last series when it was all about Lucas North and got a bit weird. Well back on form for the last series though.

I've also watched through my complete set of Only Fools and Horses more times than I care to count.

I've got addicted to Wheeler Dealers at the moment though - slowly collecting the series box sets of that, although they are pricey for what they are.

Thank Post
    Not a great tv fan - I only have the basic sky sub to keep the OH quiet - I prefer my foreign tv channels off my ultra complicated satellite system

However Ive collected
    Who Pays the Ferryman from 1977
    Allo Allo
    Monkey
    Up Pompeii original series from 1969ish
    slowly collecting The Two Ronnies.

Also been archiving Top Of the Pops from 1977 onwards as they have been shown on BBC4 over the last couple of years. (Plus ahem acquiring unshown progs and anything from earlier years that appear online )

Thank Post
    used to do it a lot now not so much. Currently slowly working through breaking bad on Netflix as ive never seen it and mcguyver as well. Also got house of cards on the go. actual dvd box sets have in the past gone through st tng/voy/ds9, b5, bsg, buffy, angel, futurama, Andromeda, big bang theory, that 70's show. Got cupboards full of dvd/bluerays I hate to think how much ive spent over the years.

Tried 24 bought series 1 on dvd and just didn't think much too it

and on tv im loving wheeler dealers now I have discovery channel

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BKGarry View Post
    As in the badley dubbed Chinese TV show, that was pretty cool (I watched repeats when I was little)
    I liked Monkey but I also liked The Water Margin. Lin Chung was a hero when I was younger.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    and on tv im loving wheeler dealers now I have discovery channel
    Haha! Discovery, History, Animal Planet etc. I don't watch anything else. Not sure why I subscribe to bloomin Sky to be honest as that's all I ever watch on there.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    Haha! Discovery, History, Animal Planet etc. I don't watch anything else. Not sure why I subscribe to bloomin Sky to be honest as that's all I ever watch on there.
    i wont give money to murdoch if i can avoid it so wont have sky but they are on bt youview shame the box isnt the greatest

Thank Post
    Ah, More4 with time team, great weekend programming

Thank Post
    Erm...

Only fools and horses
    Shameless (barring the last series)
    Ultimate force
    Vicar of Dibley
    Royle Family
    Two Pints of lager and a packet of crisps (lol)

Mainly comedies really...

I'm looking for all the 'Walking Dead' on DVD.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 991 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I could probably still recite large chunks of Spaced, watched those two seasons about a dozen times through each. Black Books not quite so bad, but not far off...

I don't have time to rewatch stuff these days - too grown up - but just finished Breaking Bad on Netflix and it may be my new favourite show ever. So superbly written, and such a satisfying ending - none of this Lost style rubbish!

Thank Post
    We've got the following:

Complete Lewis,
    Complete Poirot,
    Sharpe,
    Jonathan Creek,
    American Dad
    Futurama,
    Complete Harry Potter. (we also have the Stephen fry read audio books too)
    Black Books
    ST:TNG (this cost me a bloody fortune as I had 2/3 of it on VHS and then someone bought me a season on DVD and that was it, I had to get it on DVD!)
    ST:Voyager (I was watching it on TV and they were playing it nicely and sequentially, 2 episodes at a time and then they stopped on the penultimate episode of season 6, Livid I was! Had to find someone on ebay selling the whole lot!)

Le Edit: Almost forgot, complete Bagpuss, complete Dogtanian and the muskerhounds and complete stoppit and tidyup!
    Last edited by Oaktech; 24th April 2014 at 12:46 PM.

Thank Post
    CHUCK, so bad always had to watch the next one to the point it was like 4 in the morning and I had to tell myself to go to sleep! Every ending is left on a cliff hangar just making you wait to see the next one! I'm amazed not more people have stated Chuck, it was premiered on iTunes for free when it first came out and since watching it I couldn't stop really gutted the series has now finished may go back and watch every one again

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    CHUCK, so bad always had to watch the next one to the point it was like 4 in the morning and I had to tell myself to go to sleep! Every ending is left on a cliff hangar just making you wait to see the next one! I'm amazed not more people have stated Chuck, it was premiered on iTunes for free when it first came out and since watching it I couldn't stop really gutted the series has now finished may go back and watch every one again
    season 1 and 2 yes it started getting silly after that imo and the ending wasnt great imo

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast