+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Driving Practical Test - FAIL in General; Hi all, took my practical test yesterday.. 2 minors on my sheet, and 1 serious which I failed for. The ...
    Thank Post

Driving Practical Test - FAIL

Hi all,

took my practical test yesterday..

2 minors on my sheet, and 1 serious which I failed for.

The examiner told me I'd failed for the following "Turning right from the central reservation into the right hand lane, you failed because you didnt move over into the left hand lane"

2 faults on my sheet!!!! Dammit that's the best fail I've ever seen!!!!

I got a fault for reverse parking into a bay, the tip of my Exhaust slightly touched the high raised curb, and apparently observation on that manoeuvre, which wasnt serious I just needed another shoulder check before straightening up.

What a gutting day!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,942 Times in 1,425 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Could be worse....I took a test at 23, wrote off the instructors car (not my fault but still a fail). Pulled out on a roundabout, and some idiot decides to speed along, didn't see me, smacked into the side of the car which pushed the car I was driving into a lorry.

rad
    Thank Post
    I failed my first driving test for not stopping at a pedestrian crossing… i wanted to run the over Examiner!

Oh and failed my Trailer test first time for speeding. Oops!

Thank Post
    I got 0 minors and 1 serious when I was taking my practical! I was proper gutted all because apparently I pulled out in front of someone but I didn't think I did He could have let that one go since I had 0 minors. I passed second time though with 2 minors!

Thank Post
    When i took my practical i got into a fight with a bin lorry. He was blocking the road that had speed calming pedestrian islands all down the road, i said to the examiner, i'm not pulling around because a) i can't see and b) i don't want to go on the wrong side of the island. Bin lorry bloke waved me past, i shook my head and told him to move forward, bin lorry bloke got angry. The driving examiner leaned out of the window, waved his clipboard and shouted "MOVE, HE'S ON A F#### TEST!". I was well chuffed that day, passed with 2 minors!

6. Thanks to Pyroman from:

mole (10th April 2014)

Thank Post
    Back in the old days my instructors car had a CB arial which got caught in a low tree and fell off. My confidence went belly up and I failed big style

When I passed my test I was practicing just before the test when off all people a Taxi Driver drove past and shouted through the window 'you've got a good one there' which filled me with confidence

Thank Post
    I dont think there was actually anything wrong with what I did, I actually pulled over into the right hand lane simply because the guy behind me in his rover 25 with big bore exhaust was screaming along, must of been doing 50 at least so I moved over, I needed left at the round about so I moved back over once he'd passed and it was a good 30-40 yards before the roundabout that I moved over and went left.

My instructor who was on the test with me was gob smacked!!

Oh well - bring on the next test!
    Last edited by cpjitservices; 10th April 2014 at 10:27 AM.

Thank Post
    I won't mention how many times I failed, but once is fine

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroman View Post
    When i took my practical i got into a fight with a bin lorry. He was blocking the road that had speed calming pedestrian islands all down the road, i said to the examiner, i'm not pulling around because a) i can't see and b) i don't want to go on the wrong side of the island. Bin lorry bloke waved me past, i shook my head and told him to move forward, bin lorry bloke got angry. The driving examiner leaned out of the window, waved his clipboard and shouted "MOVE, HE'S ON A F#### TEST!". I was well chuffed that day, passed with 2 minors!
    Awesome

Failed first test with 1 serious for driving too slow when the speed limit changed - however it wasn't signposted and my instructor got into a bit of a ding dong with him as he knew that road was missing sign posts but apparently I should have been able to tell from the distance between the lamp posts (yeah right).

Got another test the next day, same guy, failed again with 1 serious as I waited for a car to pass me before reversing round a corner as I "could have nipped round in time". Another argument ensued and my instructor requested a different examiner.

Got a third test the next day, got a lovely bloke who chatted about football all the way round and passed me with 1 minor

Thank Post
    Moving over to let a guy undertake is probably the big no-no there

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by themightymrp View Post
    Moving over to let a guy undertake is probably the big no-no there
    He was going pretty fast in my defence, I thought it was safer to mover since the right hand lane was free... fair enough I should of moved back over straight away.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Could be worse....I took a test at 23, wrote off the instructors car (not my fault but still a fail). Pulled out on a roundabout, and some idiot decides to speed along, didn't see me, smacked into the side of the car which pushed the car I was driving into a lorry.
    That's a pretty amazing driving test fail!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,411 Times in 1,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    I got 0 minors and 1 serious when I was taking my practical! I was proper gutted all because apparently I pulled out in front of someone but I didn't think I did He could have let that one go since I had 0 minors. I passed second time though with 2 minors!
    So, you PULLED OUT IN FRONT OF SOMEONE (and worse, you didn't even see him) and you really think the instructor should have let it go?
    That just shows that you aren't ready for the responsibility of driving AFAIC

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Has anything in your life not been at the extreme end of the scale lol?

I failed two practicals when I was 17, one for cutting up a van (I had a row with the examiner over that, I didn't cut the van up at all, he was doing at least 20Mph over the speed limit and swerved around me to overtake - I hadn't even changed lane! grumble...). Second one I failed for not moving far enough over to the right when turning right at a cross junction. I'm still convinced to this day that my fails were nothing to do with my driving but they saw me, a 17 year old lad who'd only had 10 lessons before taking the test and thought they needed to knock the confidence out of me a bit. Understandable when you see all the boy racers around but irritating for those of us who aren't like that!

I moved out of my mom's home shortly afterwards and have never had the money to take another test since!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,942 Times in 1,425 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Has anything in your life not been at the extreme end of the scale lol?

I failed two practicals when I was 17, one for cutting up a van (I had a row with the examiner over that, I didn't cut the van up at all, he was doing at least 20Mph over the speed limit and swerved around me to overtake - I hadn't even changed lane! grumble...). Second one I failed for not moving far enough over to the right when turning right at a cross junction. I'm still convinced to this day that my fails were nothing to do with my driving but they saw me, a 17 year old lad who'd only had 10 lessons before taking the test and thought they needed to knock the confidence out of me a bit. Understandable when you see all the boy racers around but irritating for those of us who aren't like that!

I moved out of my mom's home shortly afterwards and have never had the money to take another test since!
    Yes the 2nd test was pretty normal. lol. Failed still, but that was my own fault. Rolled back on a hill start because I had bad clutch control.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast