+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Driving Practical Test - FAIL in General; Originally Posted by plexer Shouldn't have been put in for the test then. No, it was a new clutch on ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,394 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    Shouldn't have been put in for the test then.
    No, it was a new clutch on the car and I couldn't get the biting point right AT ALL on that car. few lessons later in that care I went for my 3rd and passed...2 years down the line DVLA take my licence away and give me a provisional one due to a medical disability which will ensure I cannot get behind a wheel. That said I now have a lovely bus pass which gets me around anywhere between 9:30am - 11:00pm

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 1,414 Posts
    Still shouldn't have been taking the test on that car if you were unable to have the correct control regardless if it was a new clutch, old clutch or you were wearing high heels on the day.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTechnician View Post
    Two of my friends failed their tests for pretty much the same thing, both to avoid hitting moronic cyclists who had pulled out in front of them without looking. Asking around my sixth form we discovered it was a common occurrence in the town where I grew up. Those of us who hadn't taken our test yet swore a pact that if it happened to us we'd just run the b******s over seeing as we were going to fail anyway. Apparently the cyclists must have heard as the rest of us avoided any two-wheeled calamities.
    I got a major on the same test as I failed for "speeding" for cyclists running a red light in front of me and the driving instructor sh*tting it and slamming on. I'd saw them but hey, I failed anyway for driving at the reckless speed of 35 in a 40 so there was no way I was going to argue with the idiot, he'd obviously already hit his quota

It's just a shame the cyclists got wind of your plan...

Thank Post
    I passed 4 weeks ago, luckily with only 2 minors. However, being 18 and a full time student, insurance prices are scary...

Thank Post
    Passed my test on teusday 5th time lucky! 6 minors.

Now i have to face in inevitable prices of a car and insurance! Bring it on

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkeen94 View Post
    Now i have to face in inevitable prices of a car and insurance! Bring it on
    Sometimes I think learning to drive is the worst thing I've ever done...

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Failed first time for pulling out as a car was indicating to turn in to my road causing the car behind to slow down. Picky!

Passed second time a few minors off from a fail and the examiner saying I just about scraped through. Took over a decade until my first accident though and that was a rear shunt with me at the front!

Thank Post
    I passed my test first time after taking 12 lessons. Put in for my test on the first lesson and passed no pressure no faults.
    The idea was to use the experience and see what I needed to work on. Been driving for 20 years without an accident.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    So, you PULLED OUT IN FRONT OF SOMEONE (and worse, you didn't even see him) and you really think the instructor should have let it go?
    That just shows that you aren't ready for the responsibility of driving AFAIC
    TBF Witch, if the approaching drive so much as touches his brakes, or alters the steering a fraction, that is a fail. You don't have to have "a near miss" or anything to blow it in that circumstance.

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post
    Passed my test back in late 1980's things a lot easier back then.

Showed some good confident driving and no real problems apart from the fact I had the dipped headlights on (it was a little bit foggy) and also that I was doing 15mph over the limit a few times. Got 3 questions out of the 6 wrong.

I was so shocked to get a pass, although examiner did tell me to watch my speed.

My pre-test lesson was a nightmare, had a lot of kangaroo fuel in my tank
    Last edited by Davit2005; 11th April 2014 at 02:10 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    TBF Witch, if the approaching drive so much as touches his brakes, or alters the steering a fraction, that is a fail. You don't have to have "a near miss" or anything to blow it in that circumstance.
    Wut?

Ben

Thank Post
    If you pull out of a junction, and an approaching driver deviates from his course, due to your action, you fail. Doesn't matter if there was plenty of room/time, major fault, and fail.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,168 Times in 1,603 Posts
    My first test should have been December 23rd, but was cancelled due to a foot of snow falling overnight.

The new appointment came through (no internet in those days) for 9am on the morning after my 18th birthday in February. I failed for being too hesitant at a roundabout... and I'd stayed sober on my 18th specially!

My retest came through for April 1st... after the 18th birthday boooking, I felt like someone was taking the mick!

The retest was cancelled before I left home as one of the examiners had had a heart attack!

So finally, I had my fourth test booking, but only my second actual test on April 22nd... the test centre was opposite the conference centre which was setting up to broadcast the Eurovision Song Contest (it was the year after Bucks Fizz won) and the traffic was manic. I passed. The examiner was from a neighbouring town and got lost after directing me into a housing estate. I think I passed for finding my own way back to the test centre and bypassing the worst of the traffic

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Failed first time for pulling out as a car was indicating to turn in to my road causing the car behind to slow down. Picky!

Passed second time a few minors off from a fail and the examiner saying I just about scraped through. Took over a decade until my first accident though and that was a rear shunt with me at the front!
    Same here ref passed 2nd time. 2 accidents, first time was my fault but no one else was involved so just wrote my car off and got another one

2nd time was similar to your accident where I got shunted with me in front and no where to go

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    If you pull out of a junction, and an approaching driver deviates from his course, due to your action, you fail. Doesn't matter if there was plenty of room/time, major fault, and fail.
    No I meant I didn't understand what you were typing not the logic behind it.

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast