+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, BBC News - Peaches Geldof Dies Aged 25 in General; If its the Daily Mail then yes. All this secondary grief like people knew her personally sickens me. @ Simcfc73 ...
    Thank Post
    If its the Daily Mail then yes. All this secondary grief like people knew her personally sickens me.
    @Simcfc73

I don't think it is secondary grief to show a bit of respect to a young woman in the prime of her life. I also find it offensive when jokes go around when someone dies or there is some sort of tragedy. It says more about the person making the joke than it does about the person at the receiving end of it.

Thank Post
    Wtf? Secondary grief? What the hell? Showing some respect for a young woman who has left a husband and 2 tiny kids behind by not thinking a joke is funny.

With ppl repeating lyrics from a certain Geldof song it's hugely disrespectful. If anyone was doing that to anyone else I'd feel the same way it's a disgraceful carry on. Yes make the joke if you have to with ppl you know but to post it under the story it's pretty reprehensible the poor girl wasn't even cold at the time.

It's not secondary grief it's showing some empathy for someone else's feelings.

I've said my piece, oh and bow you would catch me dead on that tabloid scum website.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyMoon View Post
    @Simcfc73

I don't think it is secondary grief to show a bit of respect to a young woman in the prime of her life. I also find it offensive when jokes go around when someone dies or there is some sort of tragedy. It says more about the person making the joke than it does about the person at the receiving end of it.
    Personally I don't think 25 is the prime of your life but that's a different argument altogether.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post
    If its the Daily Mail then yes. All this secondary grief like people knew her personally sickens me.
    I'm inclined to agree. Showing respect for a young mum is one thing but histrionics and outpourings of sorrow over a woman you didn't know smacks of attention seeking. Offering condolences and good wishes to her family is perfectly acceptable, wailing like you lost your sister is something else entirely. Just because she was in the media limelight doesn't make her any different to the hundreds of young mums that die every day from terminal illnesses, sudden death or accident. Yes it's sad, but no need to go over the top about it.

I don't think jokes about a dead person are ever appropriate really.

Perhaps there is something wrong with me, My sense of empathy is skewed or something but actually I have far less empathy for tragedies in my own species than I do for feline related issues. I cried for days over that poor kitten that demonic woman microwaved and I felt very sad about the Tiger whose cub drowned, yet stories of people I don't know dying really don't bother me. I really don't care.

Thank Post
    As celebrities went, I think she was a decent one. I personally didn't really know her or her work. She didn't do outrageous things to get on the front page like Kerry Katona and Jordan, or any of those "reality" Essex / Chelsea ITV2 crowd.

What I do have a problem with is the initial media leap onto the bandwagon. Camping outside the house. What for, to try and get a picture of grieving Bob Geldof?

- - - Updated - - -

As celebrities went, I think she was a decent one. I personally didn't really know her or her work. She didn't do outrageous things to get on the front page like Kerry Katona and Jordan, or any of those "reality" Essex / Chelsea ITV2 crowd.

What I do have a problem with is the initial media leap onto the bandwagon. Camping outside the house. What for, to try and get a picture of grieving Bob Geldof?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12